Lewis County 33 Magoffin County 0

LionEagle

Paging OLinePride... I know you said you don't like to comment on our games but some insight from you would be awesome on the last game of the season. I was very impressed by how well the Lions played.

Every senior knew it was their last game, but they and the underclass men played their butts off. Most of these seniors I had in 7th grade my first year teaching, and it just sucks that they've played their last down. That being said, they went out with a bang...shutting out a district champion. Effort was great and we were able to do what we wanted on offense, and our defense was superb. There are about a billion what ifs from this year...I truly believe that we are the best team not playing this Friday and if we stayed healthy all season we would be very dangerous right now. Coach Hughes has us moving in the right direction and we are ready to put the work in this offseason. A couple teams that beat us probably out worked us last offseason and we won't let that happen again. To all the seniors, I love you all and will miss you guys more than you know. Show the world what kind of men you have become...do great things.

There's a song by Semisonic called Closing Time...a fitting line from it is "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

2015 starts now...and we plan on reloading, not rebuilding!

Awesome words to hear coach. A lot of people are already calling for us to struggle next season with all the experience we lose but if this big upcoming senior class can get in the weight and inspire the young kids to do the same, we will be very competitive next year. I also agree that we are the best team not playing a game this upcoming Friday. I played in two playoff games in high school and while we didn't win one, it was always special to me not knowing when my last game was going to be. My heart goes out to those seniors who are reflecting on those Friday Night Lights and realizing they'll never get that feeling again. Believe me seniors, it doesn't get any easier.