What teams are the Pre-season favorites to win the 2006 4A Football Title

JFK

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts.

Per St. X's website. They have 10 paid Varisty coaches and 8 paid Freshmen coaches. (Trinity's site did not have coaches listed or pictured)

JCPS pays 4 Varsity coaches. (Head Coach and ONLY 3 Asst's) And 2 Freshmen coaches.

I don't claim to be a math guy, but those don't seem to be anywhere close to equal.

Well...of course it's not equal, but the inequality tilts toward X and T. Reread your post. X pays 10 varsity coaches. This money comes out of the pockets of individuals who attend X or are supporters of X. The government, including the same X people who pay for the coaches at X, pays for the four varsity coaches for the Jefferson County schools. Therefore, if you are a Jefferson County school, and you feel that this is not fair, dig into your individual pockets just like the people at X did. The only difference is you will only have to pay for six coaches, since the government has provided you with four coaches, and X had to pay for 10. Therefore, there is a disparity only because the people at X and T chose to take matters into their own hands rather than complain. You see, you really don't have to be a math guy to rectify this situation.

Why is pay even mentioned??? The pay these coaches receive equals about .50 cents a hour spent on the field. As for the topic, there might be a school (who almost beat X) be in the running for the title. But, I'll stick with T has my favorite.

What's John Hardin and PRP bringing back?

I know PRP has just about everybody back with the exception of Brown. I look for them to be the one team too push X and M. This will also be another year for them to learn Wolfe's system.

I know PRP has just about everybody back with the exception of Brown. I look for them to be the one team too push X and M. This will also be another year for them to learn Wolfe's system.

Assuming as are healthy, I think they'll CERTAINLY give X a run, and I'd pick them over Male in my preseason poll. But it'll be a bit longer before I come up with mine.

With Pitrino and the Duttons Trinity is hands down the Favorite in 4A

When you combine this with all of the two-way capable linemen returning, the pebbles should absolutely be loaded for 2006.

Nonetheless, do not overlook Male this year. As a freshman group, their upcoming senior class was outstanding. I remember them beating St. X. 29-0, and it could easily have been much worse. Doug Beaumont did not even play for them in that game. In addition to a hord of talented skill players, the Bulldogs will also be stocked with much more size and experience on both OL and DL, which is a key element that they have been lacking in the recent past. The QB position will be the key questionable ingredient.

With what X returns, they would have to be the pre-season favorite.

Actually the Tigers return very few starters from last season. On offense we should have only 3 of 11 returning starters (RB Vic Anderson, OT Corey O'Daniel, OG Pat McDonald). Defensively we lost all 11 from last year. In addition, both our placekicker and punter are gone. We have some fairly decent young players moving up, but they will need to be on a steep learning curve given the strength of our early schedule.

Based on what is returning, it looks like:

1. Male

2. pebbles

3. PRP

4-9 some teams out in the state

10. St. X.

Actually the Tigers return very few starters from last season. On offense we should have only 3 of 11 returning starters (RB Vic Anderson, OT Corey O'Daniel, OG Pat McDonald). Defensively we lost all 11 from last year. In addition, both our placekicker and punter are gone. We have some fairly decent young players moving up, but they will need to be on a steep learning curve given the strength of our early schedule.

Based on what is returning, it looks like:

1. Male

2. pebbles

3. PRP

4-9 some teams out in the state

10. St. X.

I'm sorry Coach Holtz...but there is NOT 9 teams better than X.

I'm sorry Coach Holtz...but there is NOT 9 teams better than X.

Man :rolleyes: Ox doesn't choose his team...you complain...if he choses his team you would complain.....you know what I think that means....you like to complain!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man :rolleyes: Ox doesn't choose his team...you complain...if he choses his team you would complain.....you know what I think that means....you like to complain!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are right...it's a no-win situation Tony (or should I say Tonette now that you've come out of the closet). ;):D;)