Covington Catholic 61 New Cath 50

40 hours in my world feel like 80, my head would pop off either naturally or by the aid of buckshot if I had to work a 60 hour week. Sorry for the soapbox, I didn't mean to thread jack. Back to the game, I figured NCC didn't win since I saw the Kiernan van at LaRosa's, a regional win equal filet mignon, not a Buddy Topper.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you missed the CovCath Internet Radio Network Broadcast team calling the game, then you missed one of the best after game interviews ever..... Listen in to the archives when Mark Whery and Jason Elfers talk to all the players after the game in the CovCath locker room.... Who needs ICN6, or any of the local radio or televison stations when you can listen to this. The locker room interviews were great.....Now that is why people should listen to the CovCath Internet Radio Network...........Great job Mark and J-man...

Covington Catholic jumped out to a big lead and NCC would never get it back.

Both teams battled hard, but NCC never could get it to less than 10, really.

Danny Noll had another good game for the Colonels, but this was another TEAM win for Covington Catholic.

Gesenhues had 22 for NCC.

CCH wins the 9th for the 2nd time in 3 years...

AGain the region was decided last week. The best team won......... CCH congrats

Also very impressed by the class of Coach Detzel. Last year when these two teams matched up (during the regular season) there was the fiasco at NCC where Detzel and Bovard of CCH had a little scuffle towards the end. But he let go of all bad blood and had the integrity and good will to go into CovCath's locker room and congratulate them. Class Act.

WOW! With their fantastic run through the regional, CovCath has erased any question of who is the best team in the 9th Region this year. They have silenced any idea that the other top 2 were even in their same league. It's been amazing to see how they have grown in leaps as the season has progressed, and I don't think we've seen the end of their progression. It seams as though they have a growth spurt with every game. The 2004 Colonels were a great team, and taking nothing from them, there's something about this year's team that never ceases to amaze with a surprise around every corner. Who knew that Danny Noll would turn into such a fantastic player? That's a hoop dreams story if I've ever seen one. AND, Micheal Young! 5 for 5 from the floor and 2 for 2 at the line. How do you like that for a championship game growth spurt? This team's not done. They're growing into a legitimate top 5 team. They're pumped, dedicated and determined to get this job done and I don't think there's a team in the state who'd be too much for them to handle. They're a great team that seams as though they're moving foward 'with a spirit that will not die'. It's going to be a thrill to see what they do at Rupp next week, and as Coash L said, 'They're not going down to Lexington for a quick cup of coffee'. What an atmosphere it will be with all the Colonel Crazies! It's time to make some noise!!! Go Colonels! Make the 9th proud at Rupp! You're doing a pretty good job of it already!

Also very impressed by the class of Coach Detzel. Last year when these two teams matched up (during the regular season) there was the fiasco at NCC where Detzel and Bovard of CCH had a little scuffle towards the end. But he let go of all bad blood and had the integrity and good will to go into CovCath's locker room and congratulate them. Class Act.

If we're thinking of the same fiasco, it was Randy Myers, not Bovard.

AGain the region was decided last week. The best team won......... CCH congrats

If that makes you feel better then have at it.

To be honest if my team can't win it, arguing about who was the best of the losers doesn't interest me all that much.

Cov. Cath. had the best team. They had the best individual talent of the teams I saw (I did not see Holmes all season) and the way they played down the stretch they deserve to be 9th region champs.

Congratulations to Mike Listerman!

Can't wait to watch CovCath at the state tournament and their cheering section....the state is awaiting some clever chants and participation...they should make the atosphere great in Rupp...hope they come in bunches:thumb: