Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Mayfield kick one of their best players off the team?

Featured Replies

Alright, now you've gone to far! Making fun of my capitalization is crossing the line! I'm sorry if I have offended you, I thought we could just have some fun...............I apologize. I'll go to bed now, good night.:thumb:

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knock off the personal attacks and stick to the topic. This is the only warning.

Far to often you pop off your mouth without having a clue what your talking about and this statement is example of that. The school attempted to discipline the kid but were forced to abandon that avenue or face a legal battle they knew they could not win. In this case, if anything, the school was over zealous in their actions.

 

The coach could have still benched him. Coaches choice for who plays or not.

What I find puzzling is it was stated by a MHS follower that no lawyer was hired. Now another implies there was one. The story is very fuzzy for being a week old.

  • Author
What I find puzzling is it was stated by a MHS follower that no lawyer was hired. Now another implies there was one. The story is very fuzzy for being a week old.

 

We are absolutely getting conflicting information and for anyone "covering up" remember the truth is out there and talked about freely in private.

The coach could have still benched him. Coaches choice for who plays or not.

If they benched him I am sure even a decent lawyer would go after the school and the coach(s).

 

From what I know, the school is doing the correct thing.

Wow. I find it incredibly ironic that people using fictitious names on a website are clamoring for "full disclosure" about the discipline of a high school kid and insinuating that there is somehow a "cover up" over the entire issue.

 

If you Google "Train Wrecks" I'm sure you can find something to watch other than the private disciplining of a high school student for acts that should not be made public by ANY school, team or organization. Mayfield, THE SCHOOL, appears to me to be doing exactly the right thing by their student, legally, ethically and morally as far as public disclosure goes.

  • Author
Wow. I find it incredibly ironic that people using fictitious names on a website are clamoring for "full disclosure" about the discipline of a high school kid and insinuating that there is somehow a "cover up" over the entire issue.

 

If you Google "Train Wrecks" I'm sure you can find something to watch other than the private disciplining of a high school student for acts that should not be made public by ANY school, team or organization. Mayfield, THE SCHOOL, appears to me to be doing exactly the right thing by their student, legally, ethically and morally as far as public disclosure goes.

 

At least once the lawyer got involved the school appears to be doing right...

At least once the lawyer got involved the school appears to be doing right...

 

Since I have no clue as to the actual timelines and progression of events, you may very well be 100% correct, but I do not know that for sure. I will say that disclosing information about any student at any time for any reason is bad practice by any school. Let the authorities or the persons involved air their laundry. I respect taking the higher road, for whatever reason, coerced or not.

  • Author
Since I have no clue as to the actual timelines and progression of events, you may very well be 100% correct, but I do not know that for sure. I will say that disclosing information about any student at any time for any reason is bad practice by any school. Let the authorities or the persons involved air their laundry. I respect taking the higher road, for whatever reason, coerced or not.

 

I understand completely. However, when someone is kicked off the team (and that is what happened at first) that is news and it is public record because "the someone" is no longer playing.

 

The objections you see now in this thread are more about an upset Mayfield fan running game and being called out than they are about any student athletes.

I understand completely. However, when someone is kicked off the team (and that is what happened at first) that is news and it is public record because "the someone" is no longer playing.

 

The objections you see now in this thread are more about an upset Mayfield fan running game and being called out than they are about any student athletes.

 

 

Oh I truly get the second part of your post. You hit that one on the head.

 

As to the first part though, schools are required to maintain confidentiality about children and students both on legal grounds and on ethical grounds. That does extend to extra-curricular activities as well. While I cannot cite chapter and verse at this point in time as to the legal requirements, it comes under a couple of statutes and/or laws. Smart schools simply do not make public statements about students in any way shape or form unless it is good news or congratulations. Lawsuits are very expensive whether you win them or not. On that point, I am sure you agree.

  • Author

I agree this is a good place to end the thread. I hope everything works out for the player in question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.