Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Mayfield kick one of their best players off the team?

Featured Replies

And frankly I'm not surprised that it's being swept under the rug

  • Replies 87
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And frankly I'm not surprised that it's being swept under the rug

 

There is no sweeping under the rug with this, there were no charges filed and no arrest at all. I repeat, there are several circumstances that make this whole thing complicated. I'm sorry this is not as big of a deal as some of you would love for it to be. This is not a superstar player we are speaking of, him not playing the rest of the season would not have changed any outcome of any game on the schedule.

There is no sweeping under the rug with this' date=' there were no charges filed and no arrest at all. I repeat, there are several circumstances that make this whole thing complicated. I'm sorry this is not as big of a deal as some of you would love for it to be. This is not a superstar player we are speaking of, him not playing the rest of the season would not have changed any outcome of any game on the schedule.[/quote']

Having heard from a very reliable source, what DR F stated above is true.

Then, why not put this to bed and just tell us the details. The speculation is normally worse then the truth, so clear it up.

I wouldn't lie to you folks! :sneaky:

 

I really don't want to discuss details because I don't know all the FACTS about it. We may never know the whole story about this, so I think we should just let it go.

There is no sweeping under the rug with this, there were no charges filed and no arrest at all. I repeat, there are several circumstances that make this whole thing complicated. I'm sorry this is not as big of a deal as some of you would love for it to be. This is not a superstar player we are speaking of, him not playing the rest of the season would not have changed any outcome of any game on the schedule.

 

 

Agree to disagree, he may not be a superstar but he plays significant minutes and is a good player and his absence would be missed.

As mentioned earlier..I don't agree with naming names...but it is quite suspicious that Mayfield has conveniently chosen not to update their stats to the KHSAA this week or submit a participation report.

 

I guess the fine they absorb clearly is worth the cost to keep this in house.

This has always been why I have not always been impressed with the Mayfield program. Preparing the kids after leaving the program to be contributing members of society has not been a top priority.

This has always been why I have not always been impressed with the Mayfield program. Preparing the kids after leaving the program to be contributing members of society has not been a top priority.

 

If you didn't go through the program here, you dont know what you're talking about. I can tell you are probably part of one of the many programs that we have beat up on for years. I would guess you are one who loves it when we lose. That's fine and all.........nothing new. But I don't think you should make statements like this when you have no idea what the program at Mayfield is about. Good luck to you and your average program tonight!

Bahahaha. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Countless Mayfield stars do nothing with their talent beyond HS. No one is questioning Mayfield's winning tradition. It's what they get into after leaving the school. Somewhere along the way, the stars have learned they are above society's rules.

Bahahaha. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Countless Mayfield stars do nothing with their talent beyond HS. No one is questioning Mayfield's winning tradition. It's what they get into after leaving the school. Somewhere along the way, the stars have learned they are above society's rules.

Is the rocket meaning crittendon co? Just curious, kinda sounds like comments from a rocket fan. Bahahahah!

Is the rocket meaning crittendon co? Just curious, kinda sounds like comments from a rocket fan. Bahahahah!

 

:lol2: I'm just glad my life didn't peak in high school. The problem with your mindset is you value the program over the long term good of the players. Just win baby!

Oh, and big shocker, the kid was back in action tonight. Way to squelch an opportunity to teach a life lesson.

And frankly I'm not surprised that it's being swept under the rug

 

Far to often you pop off your mouth without having a clue what your talking about and this statement is example of that. The school attempted to discipline the kid but were forced to abandon that avenue or face a legal battle they knew they could not win. In this case, if anything, the school was over zealous in their actions.

This has always been why I have not always been impressed with the Mayfield program. Preparing the kids after leaving the program to be contributing members of society has not been a top priority.

 

Well give us names and examples

Most excel a few have not but the program here has been a source of pride for kids and kept them out of trouble rather than in trouble far more often than not. I am proud of what this program did for me in life lessons and what it has taught so many kids that otherwise would have headed down a much darker road.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.