Rumor: Shawn Hager Out as Sheldon Clark Football Coach

MrKnowitAll

This was posted by The Mountain Citizen(our local paper) on their facebook page:

Coach Shawn Hager was fired today by Superintendent Meadows following a request by his wife in last night's BOE meeting that the sewage problem in the locker room be repaired. The locker room was flooded with sewage during Friday night's game, damaging equipment and forcing players to walk through it to exit the building.

Supporters of Hager say they will gather at the field at 4 p.m. today

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been to a game at Sheldon Clark football field in the last 10 years that the sewage smell wasn't overpowering. I don't know what the source of the problem is, but it does exist.

Strange goings on in Martin County if he was fired for complaining about that.

Hearing that the field is packed with support right now. I'm told he was fired from more than just football coach. Teaching, baseball coach, not sure what else.(can't 100% confirm this part)

Edited by Deimos
rumors

Supposedly Hager and the Super had a heated exchange at school and the firing came after that and it was about the sewage issue.

I am hearing it was Hager's wife who complained at the BOE meeting.

There is a huge outpouring of support for Hager from the students and parents right now.

Also I am going to go ahead and say it since we are all thinking it... "Getting fired over raw sewage? This whole thing stinks!"

You know how it is, everything trickles down from the college ranks.

Which would be ok if the pay were commensurate! However, when Sheldon Clark and Taylor Co. both get left without coaches and NO coach wants to go there, then they will reap what they have sewn. What coach will want either of those jobs in a year when they are vacant?

Shawn is one of the good guys :thumb:

Is there any truth the the rumor that Hager has a physical altercation with the BOE Super?

I do not know 100%.

I've heard 1000 different stories, but I believe something is being made bigger than it actually was.