Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Antonio Blakeney Commits To Louisville then De-commits from Louisville

Featured Replies

Multiple people reporting U of L has cut ties with Blakeney. Not surprising. If I recall, U of L did the same thing with their last few decommits as well. (JaQuan Lyle, originally Quentin Snider, and a couple others.)

 

No point in pursuing a kid who doesn't appear to be interested. However, just like with Snider, if Blakeney were to make overtures to Louisville about being interested again, Pitino would be more than happy to have him, I'd guess.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No point in pursuing a kid who doesn't appear to be interested. However, just like with Snider, if Blakeney were to make overtures to Louisville about being interested again, Pitino would be more than happy to have him, I'd guess.

 

Well, he came out and said he was still very interested in UL. I know UL typically does drop recruits upon their decommitment; but for UL to stop recruiting a player of Blakeney's caliber, that really tells me there's probably something to Nike's role in this. Very intriguing.

Well, he came out and said he was still very interested in UL. I know UL typically does drop recruits upon their decommitment; but for UL to stop recruiting a player of Blakeney's caliber, that really tells me there's probably something to Nike's role in this. Very intriguing.

 

Now, I don't really follow recruiting regularly so I could easily be misled, but I believe him when he said he really liked UofL but made his decision too quickly. Heck, I didn't ultimately pick going to Dayton until March of my senior year (and the only people I had talking to me were my parents, a couple friends, and the occasional admissions officer doling out the scholarship money). I get that he's going back to the drawing board from that perspective.

 

I hate that a kid who really seemed to like UofL and the coaches and everything else felt he had to back out due to everything else going on. I hate that for him and for Pitino and the rest of the staff, who were after him very early. But if they have reason to believe that it was the Nike thing that pulled him away, then I understand not pursuing him any further as you simply have NOTHING to offer him in that department.

Yes much better!

 

Sad life you must lead.

While I'm not a big Ul fan and wont be until Raymond gets to campus, I must say I was never overly impressed with Blakeney. He didn't seem to wow me or do anything any other 6'4 guard couldn't do. I was much more excited when watching Mitchell.

Someone please explain to me how it is that the shoe companies have so much power over where a kid goes to college. Is it his AAU connection? Is it the hope that if he makes it big post-college, he will be awarded a big endorsement contract? It seems to me that there has to be a strong (read: financial) incentive to choose a school because of the company that they buy their shoes from. Has the NCAA ever investigated the shadowy nexus between shoe companies and college athletes? Maybe something doesn't smell so good in Denmark.

Someone please explain to me how it is that the shoe companies have so much power over where a kid goes to college. Is it his AAU connection? Is it the hope that if he makes it big post-college' date=' he will be awarded a big endorsement contract? It seems to me that there has to be a strong (read: financial) incentive to choose a school because of the company that they buy their shoes from. Has the NCAA ever investigated the shadowy nexus between shoe companies and college athletes? Maybe something doesn't smell so good in Denmark.[/quote']

 

Nike spends millions on the EYBL, Global Challenge, Jordan Brand game etc. They don't invest that much money and man power for charity...

Sad life you must lead.

 

Honestly I am living the dream!

Blakeney will have an in-home visit with UK on Wednesday, per Ben Roberts.

Blakeney will have an in-home visit with UK on Wednesday, per Ben Roberts.

 

Read where he and Briscoe could be a package deal. The two schools both are considering? Kentucky and Missouri

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.