Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 54 Holmes 50

Featured Replies

I don't envy the job that Coach Henley is faced with each year at Holmes. No doubt the most difficult place in NKY to coach. Lots of talent but constant turmoil. He was able to keep it together last year but unfortunately with age these youngmen did not mature. Hopefully these youngmen can get their act together b4 next year because they will once again be one of the favorites but not if they can't keep all the outside influences from infecting their team. Wouldn't blame Coach Henly if he was looking for a little different situation.

 

Congrats to Dixie for their win this evening..

 

 

I think Henley should get combat pay!

 

It seems that this year you are hearing more and more about parents or outside influences. It is getting really old and fast!

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Henley should get combat pay!

 

It seems that this year you are hearing more and more about parents or outside influences. It is getting really old and fast!

 

:thumb: I agree with both of your comments..

Thought the game was sloppy overall with spots of decent basketball. It was just goofy for quite a spell...easy shots missed...turn over after turn over...it seemed neither team wanted it and both looked tired...credit Dixie for hanging very tough...especially #5..? name...I think he was the difference on both ends of the court for Dixie! His defense was impressive and he handled the ball and scored in key situations...Lawson played overall well, went to sleep with the rest of the crowd for a few, but did a lot of good things. I see Dixie in the finals Saturday night.

Okay I was waiting to hear other opinions, statementsand points on the game but after that game I can't wait any longer.

 

1) Dixie did lead 27-15 with 2:30 left in the half. Went into the half up 27-26.

Dixie came out flat, but so did Holmes. End of the 3rd Dixie 31 Holmes 36.

Dixie couldn't a hit a FT and either could Holmes or this game would have been over.

 

2)The technical foul was legit and did cost them, but possibly not the game. Holmes was headed downhill at the time and jefferson got called for a legit 3rd foul. He reacted and was warned. He walked away and kept jumping and waving at the official got the T. 3 of the 4 FT fell and the game was back to 4 point lead for Holmes..

 

4)Keener and Goenefeld? did a great job on Duran the whole game and had some great steals.

 

5) Why doesn't Austin Hill just take over early on so he doesn't have so much pressure and defense on him towards the end?

 

6) Edmondson played a nice game. Best I've seen him play since early last season. He wasn't just looking for the 3pters. But the kid needs to learn to distribute the ball better. He is a nice option, but shouldn't be the #1 option on this team.

 

7)Duran Jefferson isn't the best point guard in the Region. He isn't any better than he was last year and possibly is declining. Why is this?

 

8)I felt bad for Henderson, he had a legit shot at a tip in to tie the game up with 5tics left. It just didn't go. He is the real deal, and with some improvement from the perimeter he'll be a big D-1 prospect.

 

9)#32 for Dixie played a nice game off the bench. He did a good job on Hill and made some big plays off the bench.

 

10) Dixie won and Lawson might have had the worst game I've ever seen him play. Just could't hit a shot from the field. But he did hit the big one.

 

11)Many thought I was crazy in an earlier thread for taking Dixie, to me the is was the easiest prediction of all. All is well in BulldogLand???? I don't think so. I said it last year, this group will not win another regional title like the 3peat some believed in.

 

While many Holmes' faithful and others were predicting multiple regional and even state titles for this bunch when they hit HS; the detractors were predicting that they would self-implode somewhere along the way, which appears to be more the case!! As several stated early in the year, they'll miss Lexie Brown's inside presence and maturity more than most were letting on; which seems to have proved true. Hopefully they can get it together next year and make a last run in their senior year!!

I have to admit that I am shocked. I thought Holmes would get it together and win the region.

Coach Chevalier did a really fine job winning a big game tonight. He prepared a nice game plan, he made some smart adjustments and good substitutions, he remained patient during a difficult 3rd quarter stretch, and he believed in his seniors.

 

Dixie's chemistry is as good as it has been all year. The Colonels still did not hit on all cylinders. They have more potential to score on offense. Tonight they won with defense and key rebounds... which came from a lot of heart.

 

The Cheerleaders and Band were on tonight as well. Should be a good day at school tomorrow... Go Dixie !!!

Great win for the Colonels, I hate to say told ya so , but I told ya so -- on a positive, baseball season is around the corner, Holmes can get an early start!

First the technical was with 4 minutes left in the game and should never been called. Let the teams decide on who is going to win the game.

The BIG difference in this game was coach Henley pulling the ball out to half court every time down. He started doing this with 7 minutes left in the game. This team is NOT a half court team.

Dixie did a fantastic job down the stretch and deserved to win the game. Ken Chevalier is a fantastic coach and used his bench very well. His kids play with a lot of heart.

 

The bottom line for Holmes is that Duran Jefferson is a problem. He is a selfish player and he cost his team big time tonight. Dixie was in a very bad spot and he let them back into the game. Holmes would be much better off without Duran. He sets a very bad example for his teammates.

 

I feel bad for Austin Hill because he is a warrior. He seems like a very classy kid that cares a great deal about winning. I didn't see him having a fit everytime something did not go his way. He was very emotional after the loss. Holmes should have went to him a lot more down the stretch.

 

Kyle Kendal and TJ Richardson did a fantasic job for Dixie off of the bench.

Agreed!!!:thumb: The stuff he pulled was exactly what I was waiting for. For God sakes his team was up by 8 points with 4 minutest left. I saw Henderson an Hill emotionally a wreck after the game. A line I heard, from a person I'll keep anonymous, said it all. "Keep your heads up, you didn't lose the game that technical that #22 got did."

 

In Durans defense, technical or not, I didn't think Holmes was going to hang on. But I the momentum did change and game did change. It was huge part of Dixie win. But I still think Dixie played harder and wanted it more. The weren't about to lose this game without giving everything they had.

I thought the 5th Region officials called a nice game. I do not believe that the majority of 9th Region refs would have called that technical on Duran, and it was the correct call which made a huge difference in the game.

 

Dixie's brutal schedule has turned them into one of the toughest defensive teams around. They are going to be in every game they play from here on out because of it.

 

Look for three spectacular games Friday and Saturday, two of which Dixie Heights will be apart of.

That's CRAP!! How about showing some class and stop acting like a two year old that just got his bottle taken away from him.

 

It didn't matter which team won to me. I just went to watch two good teams play and hate to see an offical call a technical late in the game that could effect the out come.

I too am indifferent on this one...but in defense of the refs...they called a very balanced...let em play game overall. When Henderson reacted the first time the ref let it go...then he jumped and stomped again with more body language.while a teammante ? bounced the ball down and let it fly about 10' in the air (which is almost always called a T) ..anyway, Henderson definitely deserved the T...the ref was very cool and you could tell by his hesitation didn't want to call it....

It didn't matter which team won to me. I just went to watch two good teams play and hate to see an offical call a technical late in the game that could effect the out come.

I agree with you, I hate to see a technical change the direction of the game. But at the same time I hate to see players act so childish.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.