Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 54 Holmes 50

Featured Replies

  • Author

Good win by Dixie.

 

The technical, deserved or not, changed the momementum of the game. Hopefully DJ will learn from this. He has the physical skills, he needs to work on his mental toughness.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes had a good season in spite of a disappointing end and the struggles of adapting to losing a very good player late in the season. It will take a lot of work to get back on top but I would think the effort will be there. Congrats again to Dixie on a good come-from-behind win. I personally think that Coach Henley is a high class person who does well handling a tough coaching situation.

Great post Raider...these boys all return next year, so they should all be working hard this summer to get back on top. Like i said in an earlier post, if they stay focused, I see no reason why they can't return to the top next year and bring back the regional title.

 

Good luck to Dixie against NCC...I'll be pulling for you all.

But once again...everyone needs to stop bashing duran...it really is nobody's business to post these things about a 16 year old KID....now let it go and talk about the game rather than one individual

 

Okay.

 

BTW why didnt JoSh Nelson play tonight? i would much rather see him in than Bj Avery...Bj had several costly turnovers tonight and bad shots

 

Hmmmm. I guess it's okay to single out B.J.

I really like the passion the Dawgs bring to the court. I think they just need a greater emphasis on team play at all times, especially at crunch times. The talent is there. There were some wide open Dawgs that did not get the ball for an easy shot because everyone tried to take the game on their own shoulders. It was definitely a bitter loss after having control of the game. Best of luck to Dixie as they move on. I expect another thriller vs. the Breds.

Okay.

 

 

 

Hmmmm. I guess it's okay to single out B.J.

 

If you read my post I stated Bj looked a little shaky and had costly turnovers but so did Dj and the rest of the Dawgs so it really doesn't matter who made them...so I wasn't singling out Bj. Bj is a great kid and i thought he played hard last night, I just didn't agree with some of the things he did...but as i stated afterwards, I didn't agree with what some of the other dawgs did either so it doesn't really matter.

All the compliments of Coach Chevalier, his staff and players are well deserved but I am going to take this opportunity to defend Coach Henley and the Holmes Bulldogs. If I were coaching Holmes and the score was close at the end in the ballgame, I would put the ball in Jefferson's hands, have him drive done the middle where he can take the shot, pass the ball to a man cutting to the basket from the wings, or kick the ball out to Edmonson for an open three. That seemed like that's what Holmes did several times at the end of he game. I thought that Holmes came up short because they missed the shot and then either didn't get the rebound or the putback missed also. I thought that Holmes had their chances down the stretch but they failed to convert.

If you read my post I stated Bj looked a little shaky and had costly turnovers but so did Dj and the rest of the Dawgs so it really doesn't matter who made them...so I wasn't singling out Bj. Bj is a great kid and i thought he played hard last night, I just didn't agree with some of the things he did...but as i stated afterwards, I didn't agree with what some of the other dawgs did either so it doesn't really matter.

 

I did read your post and if you don't think you singled out B.J., then you need to read it again.

Holmes definetly didnt capitalize at the end of the game...up 4 AFTER the technical, they had a chance to build it back up to 8 but missed 4 straight free throws. If they make them and Henderson makes the tip back (although it was a tough tip back so you can't fault the kid for his effort), then we're all sitting here talking about if Holmes has what it takes to win the whole thing...but sometimes things just dont go your way. Dixie simply played better down the stretch and the Dawgs beat themselves.

I did read your post and if you don't think you singled out B.J., then you need to read it again.

 

I know exactly what i said and i even went back to the post to double check...you must have misunderstood me because I wasn't trying to single him out. But i can see why you would think that. Sorry for the confusion.

Did the Richardson kid play when Dixie and CCH played? I don't remember him but I've seen his name mentioned in the last few games for Dixie.

I was not at the game. I surmise from info here is that Holmes lost. What I would prefer to see is that Dixie won. Dixie fans be proud and excited for your next game. Good Luck

I was not at the game. I surmise from info here is that Holmes lost. What I would prefer to see is that Dixie won. Dixie fans be proud and excited for your next game. Good Luck

:thumb: Good luck against NCC. Should be a good one.

Holmes:

 

6-14 from the line.

19 turnovers.

 

Yowww!

Holmes:

 

6-14 from the line.

19 turnovers.

 

Yowww!

 

:creepy: :creepy: can't win a game playing that bad

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.