Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone a member of the Knights of Columbus?

Featured Replies

I've heard some of the same about the NKY councils. I figured on doing some that research before joining.

Let me know what you find in your research, as I'm interfered as well.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard some of the same about the NKY councils. I figured on doing some that research before joining.

 

The Holy Innocents Council is probably the most conservative/orthodox council I believe. For some people that is a negative, others a positive. Depends on what you are looking for.

 

On the other end, one of the councils has the reputation of just being a social club that is Catholic in name only. Forget which one that is.

The Holy Innocents Council is probably the most conservative/orthodox council I believe. For some people that is a negative, others a positive. Depends on what you are looking for.

 

On the other end, one of the councils has the reputation of just being a social club that is Catholic in name only. Forget which one that is.

 

Wow, there are TEN different councils in Louisville! Then there are still a few more if you count the councils in J-Town, Prospect, LaGrange and Pewee Valley.

 

Council #2761 Bishop Spalding

Council #4473 Assumption

Council #4665 Monsignor Joseph Newman

Council #5634 Pope John XXIII

Council #10682 Saint Louis Bertrand

Council #12562 Holy Innocents

Council #14471 Monsignor William McKune

Council #15699 St. Gabriel

Council #15931 Ave Maria

Council #15979 St. Margaret Mary

.....

 

You know how you can know one person in a group or affiliation and it can ruin that entire group (completely unfairly) for you? That is me and the K of C.

.....

 

You know how you can know one person in a group or affiliation and it can ruin that entire group (completely unfairly) for you? That is me and the K of C.

 

How about the Knights Of St. John then? :D

The KofC's in Louisville all have different personalities I am told so I would do a little background research before joining and not just join one just because it is nearby if that makes sense.

 

Louisville has a few of what they call "Roundtables", which is a Knights of Columbus Council that has membership focused on several Catholic Churches. In less urban areas a Knights of Columbus Council will more likely be very closely associated with a specific Catholic church parish. A catholic man is always welcome to become a member of whichever Council they choose.

On the other end, one of the councils has the reputation of just being a social club that is Catholic in name only. Forget which one that is.

 

I believe the Spalding Council is the one that has the hall on River Road. Really nice facility. I've heard that one runs heavy to the social side. Huge council by Louisville standards. Many more members than any other council.

Man #1: "Did you hear that elks have sex 5 to 10 times a day?"

Man #2: "Darn, I just joined the Knights of Columbus."

I am a 3rd degree in Frankfort. I am one of the worst KOC of all time probably. We changed parishes when we moved last year, and I am not nearly as active as I should be in the new parish (understatement).:no: Is there a shame emoticon?

 

I believe the Spalding Council is the one that has the hall on River Road. Really nice facility. I've heard that one runs heavy to the social side. Huge council by Louisville standards. Many more members than any other council.

 

I think the social club aspect is better now than it once was. I spent much of my youth there. My father is a past Grand Knight of Bishop Spalding and was one of many at that council who was upset with the "boat club" that was starting to take over so they split off and founded the one at St. Louid Bertrand.

 

My family has a bit of a history with those two councils. Most of my vacations as a kid were spent at state or national conventions with the KofC.

 

Looking back on my life I could have really exploited my connections with the folks at Bishop Spalding had I had half an inkling.

  • Author

I become a first degree knight tomorrow evening. Anyone know what happens or what I have to do? "Thankyou sir may I have another?"

I become a first degree knight tomorrow evening. Anyone know what happens or what I have to do? "Thankyou sir may I have another?"

 

It can't be written or publicly communicated. But don't worry.

I become a first degree knight tomorrow evening. Anyone know what happens or what I have to do? "Thankyou sir may I have another?"

 

I think you also get blindfolded and have to dip your hand in a bucket of "eyeballs and innards" disguised as spaghetti and meatballs.

  • Author

It was an interesting night yesterday for sure but glad I joined. A good group of guys and looking forward to my future with the knights.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.