Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plumlee over Cousins?

Featured Replies

Coach K and Team USA might be taking one of the Plumlee brothers over Demarcus Cousins per several websites.

  • Replies 233
  • Views 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try and act like I care but I can't. If the worlds best player doesn't want to play then it's a joke of a tournament to begin with. If it's a joke of a tournament, a joke of a player usually will make the team.

  • Author

I don't blame LeBron for not playing this time.

Coach K and Team USA might be taking one of the Plumlee brothers over Demarcus Cousins per several websites.

 

I have a lot of respect for Coach K, but a homer move like that loses some of that respect...not that he cares.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Coach K has just imploded if this travesty happens. Boehner needs to file a law suit.

Haha the anti-UK conspiracy continues!

 

So you think Plumlee(either one) is better than Cousins?

 

Nobody mentioned UK or Anti-UK bias.

If Plumlee makes this team over Boog at the same spot, it's gotta be so K can sit in a recruits living room and say that he puts guys into the NBA and the Olympic (trial) team.

 

It would be a travesty.

I agree, it would be a great point for Cal if he could say 3-4 of his guys made Team USA when talking to recruits. If K could keep that to 1 (which looks likely) it would pretty much negate any recruiting advantage to be gained from having players on Team USA.

 

I'd like to think that Coach K isn't looking at it that way and would just take the best team.

Been hoping for years that the World Championships would become more important than the Olympics. This ain't the year for that to begin.

Most people think Spain are the favorites to win. I'd sure take my chances with Cousins down low.

Sigh....Cousins is better than Plumlee, everyone acknowledges that, even Coach K and the rest of the staff.

 

It's a matter of building the roster to suit the style of the international game, which unfortunately for Boogie, puts him at a disadvantage.

 

Would I take Cousins? Absolutely. Would it be some great travesty if they go with Plumlee over him? Nope, not in the least.

Maybe we should put together an all UK NBA alumni team, have them plays K's team and let the winner move on. With no LBJ or Love, the UK team would have a decent chance at winning. I'd have to have Cal coach them though. :)

I love Cousins, and he's obviously a great basketball player, and better than Plumlee, but I have to wonder how much Cousin's tendency to lose his temper on the court plays into Coach K's decision. You certainly don't want an incident that would embarrass the US team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.