Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black Teen Records Workers Following Him Around Store; They Think He is Stealing

Featured Replies

Video. Our cameras fed to Seattle. Loss prevention there were able to identify her and send her pic to us. We turned everything over to the police and they handled it.

 

So you targeted a certain person in the video that was doing something someone thought was suspicious? I guess the point I'm trying to make is I think we all are profiled to some extent.

 

 

I have a bad habit of wearing my sunglasses inside stores, and I'm usually in a ball cap. I get followed and asked if I need help a lot. I know they're keeping an eye on me.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW you actually follow and watch people due to their sketchy behavior... not how they look. I could generally watch someone for less than 5 minutes and determine if they were apt to steal. If they appeared to be someone that showed signs, we might follow them from 30-60 minutes before they actually concealed merchandise.

 

BTW if your going to shoplift get in and get out quickly before anyone notices you or your sketchy behavior. The longer you are in the store the better the chance you'll get caught.

No. Not in the essence of the legend of Bigfoot but I know some big hairy guys who in the right setting could be mistaken for Bigfoot. :lol2:

 

THAT I am guilty of.:lol2:

 

Actually I was hoping you would say no to that question so I could make my point. In my opinion, there is FAR more video evidence in support of a Bigfoot like creature than there is support of any racial profiling shown in the few seconds of video that kid posted. So, to me, I have to conclude that if you can't find proof in one (Bigfoot videos), you can't find proof in the other.

So you targeted a certain person in the video that was doing something someone thought was suspicious? I guess the point I'm trying to make is I think we all are profiled to some extent.

 

 

I have a bad habit of wearing my sunglasses inside stores, and I'm usually in a ball cap. I get followed and asked if I need help a lot. I know they're keeping an eye on me.

 

 

Wait, so if they keep asking me if I need help does that mean I am being profiled? I swear my pet peeve is people asking me if I need help at the store. WHEN I NEED HELP I WILL CALL YOU OVER!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW you actually follow and watch people due to their sketchy behavior... not how they look. I could generally watch someone for less than 5 minutes and determine if they were apt to steal. If they appeared to be someone that showed signs, we might follow them from 30-60 minutes before they actually concealed merchandise.

 

BTW if your going to shoplift get in and get out quickly before anyone notices you or your sketchy behavior. The longer you are in the store the better the chance you'll get caught.

 

 

Good to know...that's for the heads up JD.:thumb:

THAT I am guilty of.:lol2:

 

Actually I was hoping you would say no to that question so I could make my point. In my opinion, there is FAR more video evidence in support of a Bigfoot like creature than there is support of any racial profiling shown in the few seconds of video that kid posted. So, to me, I have to conclude that if you can't find proof in one (Bigfoot videos), you can't find proof in the other.

 

Keep in mind I never claimed the kid's video or pictures proved he was being profiled. I simply asked what his motivation would be to take and post the pictures.

 

#GrandJuryForemanintraining

So you targeted a certain person in the video that was doing something someone thought was suspicious? I guess the point I'm trying to make is I think we all are profiled to some extent.

 

 

I have a bad habit of wearing my sunglasses inside stores, and I'm usually in a ball cap. I get followed and asked if I need help a lot. I know they're keeping an eye on me.

 

No. We didn't target anyone. We asked the Loss Prevention team to investigate a time frame. They pored through days of video and found the woman's pattern. She wasn't singled out because she was white, skinny and blond. Her picking up a bag of coffee on the way out the door several times after leaving the register triggered an investigation into sales at the time she was on video at the register paying for what she DID buy.

IMO there is never a reason for profiling. You either have a description of the perp or you don't. You can't treat every person who is of the same skin tone as the perp as a suspect. That's despicable.
Everyone profiles, whether they realize it or not.

 

And they're not treating every person who is of the same skin tone as a suspect if they're looking for young white male, young black male etc.. If they look at every black person, then yes, that's despicable.

Even if the store has been robbed by young black males, what does that have to do with this kid? Unless we're saying all young blacks are friends and the same (which no one is), this is out and out discrimination IMO.

 

Also, if they are being robbed, and haven't caught anyone, how can the say for certain they know when and who is robbing them?

Then IMO that is a poorly ran business.
Not really, just a lot of thieves in that area and they were rather good at it.
Wait, so if they keep asking me if I need help does that mean I am being profiled? I swear my pet peeve is people asking me if I need help at the store. WHEN I NEED HELP I WILL CALL YOU OVER!!!!!!!!!!

 

I KNOW! Crazy isn't it!

Everyone profiles, rather they realize it or not.

 

I know I am guilty of it. Especially in airports. I know it is wrong also. My ornery sense of humor doesn't allow me to ignore these moments and normally I crack a joke to myself and then remind myself how wrong I can be. At the same time I would never act out my profiling even though I am conscious of my thoughts.

Not really, just a lot of thieves in that area and they were rather good at it.

 

Stop it!! You are being an enabler. :lol2:

There has actually been at least one Walmart that I know of, that was closed due to shoplifting and internal theft. They put a lot of resources into stopping it but could barely slow it down.

Even if the store has been robbed by young black males, what does that have to do with this kid? Unless we're saying all young blacks are friends and the same (which no one is), this is out and out discrimination IMO.

 

Also, if they are being robbed, and haven't caught anyone, how can the say for certain they know when and who is robbing them?

When I was young I was profiled a lot where I hung out. Why? Because the problem kids looked like me. Teenage white male. They didn't bother anyone else not fitting that description.

 

How do we know they haven't caught anyone?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.