Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Channel 18 will never get a warning for speeding again.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe LEX18 should investigate the shootings that are going on all over Lexington and not worry so much about speeding.

Maybe LEX18 should investigate the shootings that are going on all over Lexington and not worry so much about speeding.

 

Have no problem with them doing both.

Speed limits are set for average or less-than-average drivers. Hopefully most officers are much better than average drivers. I have no issue with them being well above the speed limits on limited access. Surface streets are another matter. But this article focused on interstates it seems. Somewhat of a non-story.

Not much news to report if this is their big story.

Speed limits are set for average or less-than-average drivers.

 

 

What?! I'm going to bet that doesn't get me out of a ticket for speeding. "Officer, I'm an above average driver. We all know the limits are for average and below average drivers."

Speed limits are set for average or less-than-average drivers. Hopefully most officers are much better than average drivers. I have no issue with them being well above the speed limits on limited access. Surface streets are another matter. But this article focused on interstates it seems. Somewhat of a non-story.
Oh and I guess that you consider yourself to be an above average driver and are therefore above traffic laws . What a load of corporlites .

Edited by KyTmcNcc

What?! I'm going to bet that doesn't get me out of a ticket for speeding. "Officer, I'm an above average driver. We all know the limits are for average and below average drivers."

 

Try it and lets us know how that goes...:)

 

I did hear a list of 10 best ways to get out of a ticket on the radio this week and this did not make the list.

 

My wife did get a ticket on Man-o-war years ago. 8 1/2 months pregnant, on quick trip to....buy me a birthday present...never have lived that one down. So that says they are not to forgiving in the Lexington area. But fast mover on a lightly loaded interstate never bothered me. And if they are really hitting it then they may be on an official call in silent run - at least I hope so.

Oh and I guess that you consider yourself to be an above average driver and are therefore above traffic laws . What elitist baloney .

 

Like everyone else I have had to learn to do 80+ just to keep up with I-75 normal speed. I just do not give grief to official police officers on the issue.

Not much news to report if this is their big story.

Kind of makes you wonder if one of their employees got a speeding ticket recently and has an axe to grind.

Speed limits are set for average or less-than-average drivers. Hopefully most officers are much better than average drivers. I have no issue with them being well above the speed limits on limited access. Surface streets are another matter. But this article focused on interstates it seems. Somewhat of a non-story.

 

What makes somebody an above average driver? I've never had a wreck, and only one speeding ticket. Does that make me above average? Should I be able to speed freely?

I am not excusing anyone's behavior but when someone calls the police they either want the police to respond fast or really fast. Really fast means lights and sirens, fast is what the news is wasting their time with. But again, if they want to cover the story, no problem.

I am not excusing anyone's behavior but when someone calls the police they either want the police to respond fast or really fast. Really fast means lights and sirens, fast is what the news is wasting their time with. But again, if they want to cover the story, no problem.

 

But if they are responding to a call, why not use lights/sirens?

But if they are responding to a call, why not use lights/sirens?

 

Because they technically don't have the legal authority to do so on many calls they respond to but the caller/victim still wants the police there fast, I guarantee it.

 

I guess I ask myself this question, are the police driving fast just because they want to or are the police driving fast because they are going to a call for service. If it is a call for service this is nearly a non-story but if they are just messing around then yes it is a minor issue.

G, Would it be safe to say one of the top complaints the police receive are response times to calls? I'd say that's the reason every department tracks response times...due to complaints.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.