Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Channel 18 will never get a warning for speeding again.

Featured Replies

If the officers are driving the speed limit on the highway and no one will pass them is traffic really bawling up? Wouldn't that mean everyone was complying with the law? How well do you think it would go over if I tell the officer that I was just trying to keep from backing up traffic if I get pulled over for speeding?

 

How about the officers in the article that were not even in their county? Should they be speeding in a construction zone?

 

It wouldn't go over for you if you passed him. I'm just stating fact as I have seen it on the interstate. If a Policeman is cruising along in the right lane at or around the speed limit traffic will start backing up behind him. As far as everyone complying with the law, no one does that now.

 

No they should not be speeding in construction zones, I never said that was fine or even defended what they did. I just stated a couple of facts on the subject.

 

When everyone or much more than 1% of the speeding public starts getting tickets for speeding this will be a bigger deal, until then it is just another shot people like to take at cops.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 or 3 of the speeders mentioned in the article were officers from counties other than Fayette. They were speeding in the construction zone in Fayette County. I'd say it is safe to assume that they weren't responding to a call.

The one officer was speeding going to EKU's police training facility to learn how to catch other speeders, lol. He told 18, "Thanks for bringing that to my attention!" lol

 

For my part I've really never paid much attention to police cruisers that drive above the speed limit. I just assume they are responding to a call on something that needs to be checked out. Not all calls mean they have to turn on their lights and siren. But I've never had a speeding ticket in my 44 years as a driver. As a matter of fact I've only had one ticket for a traffic violation in my life---in Cincinnati about 5 years ago going down the hill from the University of Cincinnati hospital. He said I ran a red light. But I didn't see a red light, nor did the other 3 passengers in the van with me. I think he was just having a slow ticket quota day and nailed me. He said, "You can come to court on this date listed here if you want to contest it." Heck, I wasnt going to drive from SE Kentucky to Cincinnati for a $116 ticket....and he knew it. I mailed them a check as soon as I got home.

I saw where WLEX has said the Lexington police officers are now refusing to talk to their reporters. They also said that they have seen on social media that the officers would be giving special attention to any WLEX vehicles.

I saw where WLEX has said the Lexington police officers are now refusing to talk to their reporters. They also said that they have seen on social media that the officers would be giving special attention to any WLEX vehicles.

 

... and someone who made a bad decision to post on social media is probably headed to HR for a small chat.

I saw where WLEX has said the Lexington police officers are now refusing to talk to their reporters. They also said that they have seen on social media that the officers would be giving special attention to any WLEX vehicles.

 

Are Lexington police officers required to talk to them?

 

And did they see this on social media from an officer?

Are Lexington police officers required to talk to them?

 

And did they see this on social media from an officer?

 

I don't know. That's just what Nancy Cox dais during the broadcast.

 

I don't know. That's just what Nancy Cox dais during the broadcast.

 

So she gave part of the story...which was basically rumors?

I'd say that if they said that officers are now refusing to speak to WLEX reporters that is more than a rumor. And I'm sure that they didn't make up the social media posts, which you would have to assume came from someone affiliated with the department--otherwise there would be nothing to report. Should they have posted the officers' names and links to prove it?

I'd say that if they said that officers are now refusing to speak to WLEX reporters that is more than a rumor. And I'm sure that they didn't make up the social media posts, which you would have to assume came from someone affiliated with the department--otherwise there would be nothing to report. Should they have posted the officers' names and links to prove it?

 

 

If you are the officer who posted that (and we're assuming that the news reports are true), there's really no way you can even give them a ticket now without putting your head on a chopping block.

 

You don't keep "hit lists" and you don't make them public if you do. To make it even worse, it looks very authoritarian to say something in retaliation to a free press criticizing you. It looks like you are going all KGB and saying "this is what happens when you dare question us". You've just publicly took a dump all over the idea free press. That's just stupid to do and really poor form to pull something like that. Now, WLEX could have just gotten a free pass for actually violating the law because someone missed the "social media training" hour of orientation.

I'd say that if they said that officers are now refusing to speak to WLEX reporters that is more than a rumor. And I'm sure that they didn't make up the social media posts' date=' which you would have to assume came from someone affiliated with the department--otherwise there would be nothing to report. Should they have posted the officers' names and links to prove it?[/quote']

 

There are articles all over their Facebook that have information directly from police. Unless they are lying when they say "police say".

Just a couple of things to consider...

 

-Surveys show that from 70 to 90% of people on interstates admit to breaking the speed limit, while less than 1% receive speeding tickets.

 

-When police officers drive the speed limit traffic backs up for miles and miles behind them because no one will pass a police officer driving the speed limit.

 

-Speeding for the sake of speeding is wrong but there absolutely are times when they need to hurry up but Lights and Sirens aren't needed. If the police used Lights and Sirens on every call there would be a lot of people complaining about getting woke up at all hours of the night by the police.

 

I think the bolded is an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that but it's true. Few people will pass a police car.

There are articles all over their Facebook that have information directly from police. Unless they are lying when they say "police say".

 

Every hear of a press release? Those are available to any news agency. That doesn't mean they are granting interviews. I know that you always defend policed officers no matter what but what evidence do you have that WLEX is lying?

 

Every hear of a press release? Those are available to any news agency. That doesn't mean they are granting interviews. I know that you always defend policed officers no matter what but what evidence do you have that WLEX is lying?

 

First of all, your comment about me re: police is false. I don't rush to judgement, but I have stated several times on this very site that you moderate that police do things wrong sometimes. There's no denying it.

 

What evidence is there that police aren't talking to them? Do you believe everything the news tells you without any proof?

First of all, your comment about me re: police is false. I don't rush to judgement, but I have stated several times on this very site that you moderate that police do things wrong sometimes. There's no denying it.

 

What evidence is there that police aren't talking to them? Do you believe everything the news tells you without any proof?

 

C'mon, HB. Be honest. You leave no stone unturned in looking for a way to defend law enforcement in each and every single controversial incident.

 

Just own up to it. It's OK. We'll respect you more if you do.

 

Just so you don't feel alone in this, I readily admit that I am harshly suspicious of the corporate world and I find the corporate world's successful efforts to corrupt the political process and rig the economy to be a threat to our country of gargantuan proportion. See how easy that is?

 

C'mon, HB. Be honest. You leave no stone unturned in looking for a way to defend law enforcement in each and every single controversial incident.

 

Just own up to it. It's OK. We'll respect you more if you do.

 

Just so you don't feel alone in this, I readily admit that I am harshly suspicious of the corporate world and I find the corporate world's successful efforts to corrupt the political process and rig the economy to be a threat to our country of gargantuan proportion. See how easy that is?

 

As much as you might think you are right about this and everything else...you are wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.