Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Pro Wrestling Racist?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I can't believe that we are back to the Russia v. US dynamic. The Bulsheviks???? I miss'em.

I liked wrestling when I was 10. That was 38 years ago in what I consider the "golden age" of wrestling. Not so much since then. But an interesting article none the less.

I liked wrestling when I was 10. That was 38 years ago in what I consider the "golden age" of wrestling. Not so much since then. But an interesting article none the less.

 

The late 90s were AWESOME w/ the WCW and the Outsiders vs. WWF and Degeneration X. Made Monday nights during college a lot fun.

You mean The Harlem Heat were based on a stereotype?

Or the nation of domination with the Rock early on in his career.

The late 90s were AWESOME w/ the WCW and the Outsiders vs. WWF and Degeneration X. Made Monday nights during college a lot fun.

 

I was a big fan during the Attitude Era as well.

 

One of my favorite TV shows, The Chris Gethard Show, has done two consecutive episodes about pro wresting during which a couple of them have spoken eloquently about how the show is a cultural marker for the time it takes place in. Lots of good cultural critiques out there about pro wrestling as reflective of the United States during any given era.

 

Fun stuff. I still will catch a few minutes of RAW here and there.

And nobody was writing articles about "jobbers" when Barry Horrowitz was running along at 0-1,500. Where was the outcry for the Jewish wrestler??? J/K

And nobody was writing articles about "jobbers" when Barry Horrowitz was running along at 0-1,500. Where was the outcry for the Jewish wrestler??? J/K
What about the Brooklyn Brawler?
And nobody was writing articles about "jobbers" when Barry Horrowitz was running along at 0-1,500. Where was the outcry for the Jewish wrestler??? J/K

 

Barry Horrowitz lol

 

I love the jobbers. Remember Iron Mike Sharpe? He had a forearm injury for about a decade, always would try to use the cast and still couldn't get a win.

 

Or Lenny Lane lol

Glad the article mentioned WCW and Booker T. I was huge fan of Booker T.

Glad the article mentioned WCW and Booker T. I was huge fan of Booker T.

 

Wasn't Booker T the one who accidentally dropped the N word on live TV?

Wasn't Booker T the one who accidentally dropped the N word on live TV?

 

Yes.

There was also some racy stuff with the Mexican wrestlers...like Eddie Guerrero

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.