The Reds need a bat...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Kevin Mitchell can still be had. That guy can just flat out hit. I don't care if he is 52. Liability in the field, though.

How about getting Lou Gehrig to play 1B? Then Votto can become the new "Wally Pipp".:sarcastic:

Not to me. Cingrani was a reliever in college. He has a live fastball, which is great for a lefty, but I don't see him as a front-line starter in the bigs.

Probably not but I'm not willing to sell him for a rental player when he could be a cheap asset on this team for the next 4-5 years.

It wasn't too long ago that the majority of this board considered Cingrani untouchable.

I've often said he would be my first choice as closer in favor of turning Chapman into a starter. Cingrani did great as a closer during fill-in times, but he just hasn't progressed, and has had a few injury issues. Of course, watching Chapman deal yesterday in the 9th was pretty darned cool, too.

I've often said he would be my first choice as closer in favor of turning Chapman into a starter. Cingrani did great as a closer during fill-in times, but he just hasn't progressed, and has had a few injury issues. Of course, watching Chapman deal yesterday in the 9th was pretty darned cool, too.

Cingrani can't close. He can't find the plate nearly enough to close.

Do a low ball deal with Arizona to get Didi back if you're desperate. Has a big league glove and can play 2B, SS (looking at you Zach) and may eventually hit. If I'm making a trade, its for a guy with some bad intentions in his bat and those guys play 1B, 3B or LF.