The Reds need a bat...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.271 avg, 4 HR, 35 RBI, .317 OBP - Prado

.272 avg, 7 HR, 40 RBI, .309 OBP - Phillips

Prado has been hitting the ball better since June, but his numbers are down overall.

Prado has also spent the majority of his time at 3rd base for the Dbacks. Combine that with his salary, and I don't think the Reds ever get into serious discussions regarding Prado.

Say the Reds call up the Rays and ask their price for Zobrist....TB says Cingrani will get it done. What say you?

The more and more I think about this, the more I think it makes sense for both teams. TB gets a young, inexpensive controllable arm that has a ton of upside, but isn't a sure thing.

The Reds get a more than capable fill in for Phillips while he's out, who can shift to 1B if BP comes back and Votto is done for the year, and he's able to shift to LF for next season to replace Ludwick (and he costs no more than Ludwick did).

Heard someone bring up Beckham earlier today. Agree, you could get him cheap but what's he really bring to the table? I would just keep Skip and Santiago at this point and look for an outfielder.

I wish Meso would play more first base to keep his bat in the lineup. Instead of catching 5 and sitting 1 he could catch 3-4 and play first for the other games. Need every bit of offense at this point and his bat is too good to sit once a week.

I know this, I like Tony C's upside more than you do. Not sure I'd trade him for Zobrist, not sure I would, but certain I think more of him than you do.

With Cingrani on the disabled list I think you would have a hard time dealing him for someone any good

I think if Zobrist is available you go after him. Very versatile and his numbers are currently better than your starting second baseman, left fielder and shortstop. He can play anywhere and can bat right behind Billy. Problem is a lot of clubs will be after him and TB can trade to best deal for them. He probably will not go until right around deadline unless a club blows them away with a deal.