Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A Preseason Top 5

Featured Replies

Who will rise to the top of 3A starting the 2014 season?

 

Belfry

Central

Paducah Tilghman

Wayne County

 

Who else? Where do Mason County and South Warren fit in the mix?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Belfry

2. Central - Will be young but talented.

3. Wayne - Like Central, young but talented.

4. Bourbon - Transfer QB to go with talented RB?

5. Monroe Co. - Loaded the next 2 years.

Is it the general consensus that Belfry remains the top dog?

 

Mason County returns its QB (Jake O'Mara), one of its top rushers (Rico Hill), as well as its #2 & #3 receivers (Ryan Johnson & Cameron Frame). Offensively, I would feel pretty good about my team if I am Coach Buchanan.

 

I don't know as much about the team defensively. Frame led the team in INT's last year, so he should help on that side of the ball too. And last year's top 2 leaders in tackles return as well (John Combs Buchanan & Mason King).

 

While I don't know a great deal about 3A on a statewide level, I would think Mason County has to be very close to being a Top 5 squad.

 

What about Bourbon County? I would expect at least somewhat of a drop-off, but just how much of one?

Is it the general consensus that Belfry remains the top dog?

 

Mason County returns its QB (Jake O'Mara), one of its top rushers (Rico Hill), as well as its #2 & #3 receivers (Ryan Johnson & Cameron Frame). Offensively, I would feel pretty good about my team if I am Coach Buchanan.

 

I don't know as much about the team defensively. Frame led the team in INT's last year, so he should help on that side of the ball too. And last year's top 2 leaders in tackles return as well (John Combs Buchanan & Mason King).

 

While I don't know a great deal about 3A on a statewide level, I would think Mason County has to be very close to being a Top 5 squad.

 

What about Bourbon County? I would expect at least somewhat of a drop-off, but just how much of one?

I don't think Belfry will start the year as the best team in 3A. They lost a lot of production, including QB/DB Sani Warren, who will be very hard to replace. They do return a lot on defense and have a ton of young talent that will have some experience under their belt. Come November they will be in the mix, but in August, I don't think so.

 

Bourbon received a QB transfer from Lafayette, right? Kyle Bolin's younger brother? They also return Holman and Jackson in the backfield. I'm not sure about their losses on the line, but that will be a really good backfield.

I don't think Belfry will start the year as the best team in 3A. They lost a lot of production, including QB/DB Sani Warren, who will be very hard to replace. They do return a lot on defense and have a ton of young talent that will have some experience under their belt. Come November they will be in the mix, but in August, I don't think so.

 

Bourbon received a QB transfer from Lafayette, right? Kyle Bolin's younger brother? They also return Holman and Jackson in the backfield. I'm not sure about their losses on the line, but that will be a really good backfield.

 

Again, I am somewhat of a HS football no-brain, but Belfry always seems to be in the mix. I enjoy following them from a distance.

 

I believe Bolin is headed to Bourbon County, but I'm not 100% sure. That should help. Holman will be a monster in the backfield again after nearly getting 2,000 yards last year.

 

Losing solid skill position players like Snoop, Hilander, & Hayden Cox will really hurt. Those 3 guys got a lot done on both sides of the ball.

Belfry

Bell

Corbin

Bourbon

Wayne

 

Central lost more than anybody else in 3A with those great lbs.

 

Dark horse: Monroe county

1 Belfry

2 Central

3a Bourbon

3b Tilghman

4 Bell Co.

5 Corbin

 

Think you can interchange teams like Bell, Corbin, Monroe, Bourbon, South Warren, and Mason.

 

Belfry will be Belfry, return Austin Hatfield who can kill you on both sides of the ball, lots of experience Upfront, replace a lot in their skill positions, but will just reload, might take some time to get clicking.

 

I could see Mason Co. shaking some things up, look for Ashton Humphrey to have break out year, Rico Hill is solid, and O'Mara is a Stud.

 

Heard Bourbon might have some other studs other than Bolin, that are transferring over. They might just reload. Don't think anyone in their District/Region will lay a finger on Holman.

 

Wayne Co. loses Guffey, that'll be tough to replace, could see them falling into Richard Trent syndrome, but don't think they fall off THAT much.

 

Tilghman, with a new coach, and the talent they should have, should be the favorites out of the west. But just like how Belfry is Belfry....Central is Central.

 

Bell Co. should be real solid for a couple years.

 

Will be interesting to see what Haddix can do with Corbin, he's coming into a pretty solid foundation. Would LOVE to see the Bell vs Corbin game this year.

PT is a wildcard, if their new coach can get everyone on the same page....lookout

PT returns almost all there skill players and secondary. They'll have to replace some linemen and LBs but should be pretty good. I think Rogers will get more out of these guys than Wyatt did. I see them anywhere from 3rd to 6th in the preseason. Will be an interesting team to watch. I wouldn't sleep on Ft Campbell either. They didn't lose a whole lot to graduation and who knows who may have transferred in.

1 Belfry

2 Central

3 Bell County

4 Bourbon County

5 Paducah Tilghman

PT is a wildcard, if their new coach can get everyone on the same page....lookout

 

Did old coach quit or get fired?

Did old coach quit or get fired?

 

Don't know which one but they have a new coach.

When will Wayne move up to 4A?

 

Next season of they are moving up...2015

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.