Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching changes

Featured Replies

Now that the temporary fences have been put away and all the dust has settled at the State Tourney, are there any schools looking to make a change in their head coach and or coaching staff. I got word of one which is pretty interesting and a very high profile program.

 

Was at the paint store this morning getting my fix and a fellow bretheren mentioned NCC. Since I have ties to the community close by, he thought I would have heard. Not sure on the situation on the hill with the coaching, whether Barnes is retiring or something else, but looks like it's out there. If there is a change at NCC, wonder if the staff stays on. Maybe the new sheriff in charge will pick and choose.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has he been coaching there?

I don't think Bart Rison will be coaching Montgomery Co next year.

Now that the temporary fences have been put away and all the dust has settled at the State Tourney, are there any schools looking to make a change in their head coach and or coaching staff. I got word of one which is pretty interesting and a very high profile program.

 

Was at the paint store this morning getting my fix and a fellow bretheren mentioned NCC. Since I have ties to the community close by, he thought I would have heard. Not sure on the situation on the hill with the coaching, whether Barnes is retiring or something else, but looks like it's out there. If there is a change at NCC, wonder if the staff stays on. Maybe the new sheriff in charge will pick and choose.

 

Find this to be a VERY interesting statement? Spoke with Coach Barnes at the regional tournament and he seemed very pleased with how his team performed against Conner and he was looking very forward to the 2015 season. Hope this is accurate info, not just someone wanting to create "drama".

 

Lawnboy must have his computer in repair...... would have expected sometype of response:lol2:

Coach Barnes will return next season.

Find this to be a VERY interesting statement? Spoke with Coach Barnes at the regional tournament and he seemed very pleased with how his team performed against Conner and he was looking very forward to the 2015 season. Hope this is accurate info, not just someone wanting to create "drama".

 

Lawnboy must have his computer in repair...... would have expected sometype of response:lol2:

 

LB is in timeout for a little while.

 

I've been told that Coach Barnes is definitely returning next year.

LB is in timeout for a little while.

 

I've been told that Coach Barnes is definitely returning next year.

 

That's great news!

  • Author

I received a pm last night explaining that Coach Barnes is on a year to year basis based on his health and wellness. He is planning on returning next year as planned. This must be where my "friend" got his information.

 

No drama on this end!

I received a pm last night explaining that Coach Barnes is on a year to year basis based on his health and wellness. He is planning on returning next year as planned. This must be where my "friend" got his information.

 

No drama on this end!

 

Isn't every coach on a year to year basis, well as far as contracts go? And as for Coach Barnes health, we also discussed that and he said he was feeling GREAT!! I do know if he would decide to get out it didn't seem to be a health issue, but more of an issue/reason that most coaches get out. They just get tired of certain things...... I will stop there.

 

Denny is a great person and coach, if and when he decides to go it will be his own decision. One of the all time good guys!! I wish him continued success!!:thumb:

16th region powerhouse Ashland I assume will be looking for a head coach . Coach Miller is going to start the softball program at Ky Christian Uni. in Grayson. And I know he is building a very solid roster . The seasons overlap , I guess he wouldnt try to keep both jobs . He has absolutely dominated the 16th the past few years . Solid coach for sure .

Isnt the coach from Ashland the one who knew his team had lost to Johnson Central on a walk off homerun in the state tournament and made an appeal to the umpires and got it overturned?

Isnt the coach from Ashland the one who knew his team had lost to Johnson Central on a walk off homerun in the state tournament and made an appeal to the umpires and got it overturned?

 

Yes

Wow! I have NO previous experience with the coach from Ashland, and he could be the greatest game coach ever, but after what I saw that day in Owensboro it did not give a very good first impression of a coach that emphasizes the life lessons taught by the game especially those taught through sportsmanship!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.