Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs (6/23 to 6/25)

Featured Replies

Another series win for the good guys. They have been playing darn good baseball (other than Friday's fiasco) but have not made up any ground on the Brewers. Reds are going for their 9th win in last 12. Here are the series probables:

 

Mon 8:05 Simon (10-3, 3.05) vs Samardzija (2-6, 2.60)

Tues 8:05 Bailey (7-3, 4.68) vs Arrieta (3-1, 1.98)

Weds 7:05 Latos (0-0, 3.86) vs Jackson (5-7, 5.12)

 

 

Simon is going for his league leading 11th win. Strange fact: all three games will be night games at Wrigley.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LL55 is on a roll. If there was ever a better time to play the Cubs it is now. They can be 3 games above .500 after this series, that would be huge.

I'll be happy if they comeback from this road trip at .500.

My concern in a playoff series, and I'm looking for opinions here please. If Cueto is our #1 does that mean meso sits for 3 games possibly? When do we start thinking about him catching Cueto? I think we can get in as a wildcard and be dangerous I would hate to see that hurt us.

My concern in a playoff series, and I'm looking for opinions here please. If Cueto is our #1 does that mean meso sits for 3 games possibly? When do we start thinking about him catching Cueto? I think we can get in as a wildcard and be dangerous I would hate to see that hurt us.

 

Meso can't catch everyday during the season and Pena and Cueto have been awesome so for now I leave it alone. When you get into late August and IF the Reds are in the hunt for a playoff spot then you let Pena catch your #5 and move Meso to catch Cueto. That's what I would do.

Meso can't catch everyday during the season and Pena and Cueto have been awesome so for now I leave it alone. When you get into late August and IF the Reds are in the hunt for a playoff spot then you let Pena catch your #5 and move Meso to catch Cueto. That's what I would do.

 

Probably need Meso in the lineup more with the # 5 than Cueto

My concern in a playoff series, and I'm looking for opinions here please. If Cueto is our #1 does that mean meso sits for 3 games possibly? When do we start thinking about him catching Cueto? I think we can get in as a wildcard and be dangerous I would hate to see that hurt us.
Nah, when we are in the world series, we can only have Cueto in the AL stadium and Meso DH.:ylsuper:

Cueto is 4-0 with a 1.55 when he starts the rubber game of a series.

Billy Hamilton - CF

Todd Frazier - 3B

Joey Votto - 1B

Devin Mesoraco - C

Jay Bruce - RF

Ryan Ludwick - LF

Skip Schumaker - 2B

Zack Cozart - SS

Alfredo Simon - RHP

Skip is due for a nice game. I'm going with a HR and 2 RBI from him.

Frazier (.375 in 16 ABs), Meso (.556 in 9 ABs), and Schumaker (.333 in 12 ABs) all have had very good success against Samardzija.

 

Bruce has also been pretty solid vs. him.

Any info on DatDude's heel? "Day to day"?

Samardja won't be in this game too long tonight, already has 45 pitches through 2.

Frazier (.375 in 16 ABs)' date=' Meso (.556 in 9 ABs), and Schumaker (.333 in 12 ABs) all have had very good success against Samardzija. Bruce has also been pretty solid vs. him.[/quote']

 

Pretty impressive. Frazier had 2 hits in his first 2 AB's, too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.