Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs (6/23 to 6/25)

Featured Replies

Bring on the '27 Yankees.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looked like a HR to me? :idunno:
It hit that yellow line but is the line on the basket or the wall? It's was kinda hard to tell.

Need to get my internet installed at home so I can comment during games.

 

On to the west coast.

It hit that yellow line but is the line on the basket or the wall? It's was kinda hard to tell.

 

I had flipped it over to WGN for the 9th. It seemed like a matter of seconds, once the hit became reviewed, that they had a clear, close up shot of the ball hitting (what they called) the rope. One of their commentators said before that that'd be the only way it wasn't a home run, and that he'd only seen it happen once before. Then, on cue, their replay is showed, and he said "it's a double".

 

I then turned back to FSO, and hear our guys talking about it hitting off the green part of the wall, and I'm thinking "what the heck are you looking at?!?"

Serious question. Do you believe this in any and every situation?

 

There is very little I believe 100% of the time. I need an example of a situation you might be referring to.

 

Nothing changes the fact people tried to argue 75% is elite and of the top 15 base stealers in the league only 1 guy is below 75% and Hamilton is 14th of 15. I love that people ignore that b/c they know it makes their point look not as good so they change the argument.

There is very little I believe 100% of the time. I need an example of a situation you might be referring to.

 

Nothing changes the fact people tried to argue 75% is elite and of the top 15 base stealers in the league only 1 guy is below 75% and Hamilton is 14th of 15. I love that people ignore that b/c they know it makes their point look not as good so they change the argument.

 

There are too many scenarios to list but if I have a fast guy on and he picks up on a combination of 2 or 3 of the following I'm okay with him going.

 

Early in the game with a contact guy up.

Pitcher is slow to the plate. They'll know how slow before the game.

Breaking ball count.

MIF not holding very well and able to extend the lead.

Pitcher doesn't change looks and a good jump is possible.

Right handed batter.

 

Nothing was said about 75% being elite in my post. I was simply asking a question. A lot of Saber guys believe the numbers and only the numbers. Marty said it the other night, heart and desire aren't calculated in statistics. There are unmeasurables like willingness to change your approach with 2 strikes. Sack. Like him or not, the dude has seen more Major League Baseball games than all of us combined. While I don't think he knows all he has a pretty good idea.

There are too many scenarios to list but if I have a fast guy on and he picks up on a combination of 2 or 3 of the following I'm okay with him going.

 

Early in the game with a contact guy up.

Pitcher is slow to the plate. They'll know how slow before the game.

Breaking ball count.

MIF not holding very well and able to extend the lead.

Pitcher doesn't change looks and a good jump is possible.

Right handed batter.

 

Nothing was said about 75% being elite in my post. I was simply asking a question. A lot of Saber guys believe the numbers and only the numbers. Marty said it the other night, heart and desire aren't calculated in statistics. There are unmeasurables like willingness to change your approach with 2 strikes. Sack. Like him or not, the dude has seen more Major League Baseball games than all of us combined. While I don't think he knows all he has a pretty good idea.

 

This happened like a month ago and he had a brutally bad break and still was barely caught. The manager said after the game they would talk about stealing 3rd with no outs. I don't believe he has tried since. I said then he shouldn't have a green light stealing 3rd with no outs. I stand by that. Your scenarios are good examples of when it might be worth it to go for sure. I assume that means you don't think he should be allowed to go at all times either?

This happened like a month ago and he had a brutally bad break and still was barely caught. The manager said after the game they would talk about stealing 3rd with no outs. I don't believe he has tried since. I said then he shouldn't have a green light stealing 3rd with no outs. I stand by that. Your scenarios are good examples of when it might be worth it to go for sure. I assume that means you don't think he should be allowed to go at all times either?

 

Surely they talked more about when it is right to steal 3B with 0 outs and not "never" steal 3B with 2 outs.

 

I think he should have the green light at all times. That doesn't mean he always has to go. They need to do a great job of coaching him on situations, too.

 

For instance, if they aren't holding him at 2B for 2 straight pitches and you give a steal sign, inevitably, they are going to hold him that pitch. Or, a guy doesn't slide step for two pitches and you give the sign, then he mixes a slide step in. Same goes for guessing wrong on a breaking ball, pitcher changing his looks...etc.

 

Point is, if he recognizes it after 1 pitch or previous base runners he may be able to do it at the right time.

 

Bottom line is, a lot more goes into it than just, "he's fast."

Jake Arrieta was perfect into the 7th inning against the Reds on June 24. (This is the last game the Reds lost.) He had a no hitter into the 8th tonight against the Reds Sox. Hottest pitcher in the league.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.