Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Players On Your Most Hated Rival's Teams

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wiley Brown? That is a classic. As a kid I vaguely remember a story about him having a fake thumb and throwing it on the trash? Am I thinking of the right guy?

 

My Wiley Brown story:

 

In January of 1980 me and some high school buddies decided to go watch the Doctors of Dunk at the Cincinnati Coliseum. We sat in the very top row. We didn't care who won the game. All we wanted to see were dunks and lots of them. Naturally, there were zero.

 

We rolled into the Dream Street McDonald's after the game because that's where everyone congregated on weekends in Boone County in 1980. Lo and behold who pulls up on a Greyhound but the UL basketball team. In come the Cardinals to order some Big Macs. We start talking to Wiley and we said "Wiley, why no dunks tonight?" He answered with words I still use today "two points is two points." That ended that conversation.

 

So if you're playing ball with me and give me crap about a shot that went in you will definitely hear "two points is two points."

I did like Ed Cota.

 

Brooklyn kid- played hard. I loved him at UNC.

Louisville: No one

Duke: Jay Williams

UNC: No one

Kansas: No one

Indiana: No one

Tennessee: Chris Lofton

Florida: Jason Williams

Pretty much the bulk of the past few teams on UL. Some exceptions but not many.

 

Seriously, anyone think of any guy on UNC that would be considered a "favorite"?

 

No. UNC sucks and so do all of their players.

My Wiley Brown story:

 

In January of 1980 me and some high school buddies decided to go watch the Doctors of Dunk at the Cincinnati Coliseum. We sat in the very top row. We didn't care who won the game. All we wanted to see were dunks and lots of them. Naturally, there were zero.

 

We rolled into the Dream Street McDonald's after the game because that's where everyone congregated on weekends in Boone County in 1980. Lo and behold who pulls up on a Greyhound but the UL basketball team. In come the Cardinals to order some Big Macs. We start talking to Wiley and we said "Wiley, why no dunks tonight?" He answered with words I still use today "two points is two points." That ended that conversation.

 

So if you're playing ball with me and give me crap about a shot that went in you will definitely hear "two points is two points."

 

Phhhttt........like you score when you play.

  • Author
I did like Ed Cota.

 

Good call on that one. Julius Peppers was probably another guy that would fit in on people's UNC lists too.

Good call on that one. Julius Peppers was probably another guy that would fit in on people's UNC lists too.

 

I enjoyed watching him play as well. It was always cool when he would join the team mid-season and be a huge contributor.

  • Author
I enjoyed watching him play as well. It was always cool when he would join the team mid-season and be a huge contributor.

 

As a kid, I was always amazed at how big his arms were. He had 'J U L I U S' tattooed vertically down his arm and even on tv, it gave you perspective on how huge his muscles were.

Noone ever, while they were in college. Very few ever after they made the pros.

 

Noah is only one who comes to mind. I like him as a pro.

........

 

I LOVE this topic and have thought of some more guys that I really enjoyed watching while in college even though I hated their teams with a deep and undying passion:

 

* LaBradford Smith (UL)

* Francisco Garcia (UL)

* Bobby Austin (UC)

* Danny Fortson (UC)

* Uwe Blab (IU)

* Dyron Nix (UT)

* Paul Williams (UD)

* Justin Harper (Richmond)

* Jon Scheyer (Duke)

* Jay Burson (Ohio State)

* Lawrence Funderburke (Ohio State)

Dayton - Getslow

 

I'm your favorite Dayton player!?!?

 

I don't... I don't know what to say...

 

* * * * *

 

Or did you just get that backwards and Dayton is the favorite team of your most-hated person?

Below is the list of guys I enjoyed watching during their time at Xavier...

I'm your favorite Dayton player!?!?

 

Yes.

 

Or did you just get that backwards and Dayton is the favorite team of your most-hated person?

 

Yes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.