Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants @ Reds Series (6/3 - 6/5)

Featured Replies

Here's the facts:

 

1. Hamilton made a poor choice last night. He has the type of speed where he can score from 2nd on a base hit. There was no need to steal 3rd, especially with 0 outs & the heart of the order up.

 

2. Despite #1, he attempted to steal & was gunned out. Again, poor choice.

 

3. Hamilton has the green light & will always have the green light.

 

4. Price needs to address #1-2 with Hamilton & things will be just fine.

 

5. Hamilton has been caught stealing 7 times this year. His speed has been more disruptive than it has been detrimental. GO BABY GO

  • Replies 249
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the facts:

 

1. Hamilton made a poor choice last night. He has the type of speed where he can score from 2nd on a base hit. There was no need to steal 3rd, especially with 0 outs & the heart of the order up.

 

2. Despite #1, he attempted to steal & was gunned out. Again, poor choice.

 

3. Hamilton has the green light & will always have the green light.

 

4. Price needs to address #1-2 with Hamilton & things will be just fine.

 

5. Hamilton has been caught stealing 7 times this year. His speed has been more disruptive than it has been detrimental. GO BABY GO

 

Agree with all of that. Just b/c he has the green light doesn't mean he has to go.

Exactly what? Ricky was the greatest of all time and 5% better than the rookie. He will be fine and will keep the green light at all times IMO.

 

I was agreeing that he is still figuring things out. I think he will figure out last nights attempt wasn't one he has to take.

 

How many seasons did Ricky have above 85%? That should be Hamilton's goal. I guarantee you Ricky's career % dipped some with age. Like I said if he steals 1400 at an 80% clip I'll take back what I said about that being dumb last night.

75% isn't very good. It certainly isn't great. If he was thrown out stealing 2nd it wouldn't have bothered me. It's dumb to try to steal 3rd with no outs. He also had a bad jump so he shouldn't have gone on his own with that jump.
It's one of the cardinal sins in baseball. Probably an adage before your time, but agree with your assertion 100%. However, for the stat guy in your, Rickey Henderson stole 80% for his career. Maybe you should revisit that notion that 75 isn't great.

Good lord. :ohbrother: Of all the Red's problems, our CF's baserunning decisions are WAAAAY down the line.

It's one of the cardinal sins in baseball. Probably an adage before your time, but agree with your assertion 100%. However, for the stat guy in your, Rickey Henderson stole 80% for his career. Maybe you should revisit that notion that 75 isn't great.

 

75% isn't great. Of all the guys in the top 10 this year none have been caught more than 4 times except Hamilton with 7. It isn't terrible by any means but it isn't very good. The % thing isn't really the argument. We are agreeing it wasn't a good move last night. We can move on.

If he tries 100 times this season and swipes 75, I'll be tickled. I'll leave it at that.

Morse will just taunt me all year. I wanted him in the off season.

Morse will just taunt me all year. I wanted him in the off season.

 

I called his HR last night while we were sitting there watching the game and I sent out an email to the same group of buddies today at 11:30 that he would go yard off of Leake again today.

 

I called his HR last night while we were sitting there watching the game and I sent out an email to the same group of buddies today at 11:30 that he would go yard off of Leake again today.

 

Knock it off. Geez...

Knock it off. Geez...

 

I'm not the one serving them up...

 

Plus, my fantasy team needs the run production. :lol:

I'm not the one serving them up...

 

Plus, my fantasy team needs the run production. :lol:

 

Your priorities are out of whack, son... :no:

Your priorities are out of whack, son... :no:

 

Am I supposed to bench Morse when he plays the Reds??

 

I'd love to see Morse go 0-4 with 4 K's if that means this one belongs to the Reds.

I called his HR last night while we were sitting there watching the game and I sent out an email to the same group of buddies today at 11:30 that he would go yard off of Leake again today.

 

I called it in the thread before you called it. You just copied off me. :sssh::woot:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.