Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County Pee Wee

Featured Replies

Isn't the Senior class the first Union Raider team?

 

I believe so yes.

  • Replies 162
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so yes.

 

I think the upcoming Jr class will be the 1st if I'm not mistaken

I've personally witnessed the affect on chemistry that playing together has. Ryle has seen two very good frosh teams who are now Juniiors and Sophomores' date=' who have gone for the most part through the Union Raiders. Many believe that this is the most talented group of kids that Ryle has had in a while.. Coincidence? I guess we will see if the effect translates to wins on the field. I believe it will.[/quote']

 

I don't think it will be as talented as Hempels team. Ryle has had success playing in state and the final 4, as a product of the BCPFL. The problem is and will always be is the private boys down south.

I think the upcoming Jr class will be the 1st if I'm not mistaken

The Senior class is the first one.

The Senior class is the first one.

 

This years junior class is the first Union Raiders team

This years junior class is the first Union Raiders team

This will be year number five correct? I think I remember correctly because Ryan Woolf chose not to play the first year of the Union Raiders and he was an 8th grader. Also, Senior Logan Ross did play for the Union Raiders his 8th grade year

I don't think it will be as talented as Hempels team. Ryle has had success playing in state and the final 4, as a product of the BCPFL. The problem is and will always be is the private boys down south.

The southern boys will always be the big hurdle... I did say in a while as far as the total team talent level... This season win/loss will tell the tale. We'll just have to wait it out. I believe having the kids around the same coaches and teammates helps them find and identify their positions a little earlier. Granted kids bodies and attributes change. But changing teams and players every one to two years can't help. The only good thing that could come out of changing so often would be if you got a coach who's not developing you.

This will be year number five correct? I think I remember correctly because Ryan Woolf chose not to play the first year of the Union Raiders and he was an 8th grader. Also, Senior Logan Ross did play for the Union Raiders his 8th grade year

 

It is this year's junior class that was the first Union Raider team. Ryan Woolf chose not to play freshman ball when he was an eighth grader to complete his 8 years with the Boone County Pee Wee Football League as a member of the Chiefs.

The southern boys will always be the big hurdle... I did say in a while as far as the total team talent level... This season win/loss will tell the tale. We'll just have to wait it out. I believe having the kids around the same coaches and teammates helps them find and identify their positions a little earlier. Granted kids bodies and attributes change. But changing teams and players every one to two years can't help. The only good thing that could come out of changing so often would be if you got a coach who's not developing you.

 

I understand your point just disagree. With Cooper opening it's only weakened Boone County football more. The end result with how far teams progress in the playoffs with, or without, an in house middle school program will be almost identical.

Is thread about Ryle or Boone County Peewee? :idunno:

It is this year's junior class that was the first Union Raider team. Ryan Woolf chose not to play freshman ball when he was an eighth grader to complete his 8 years with the Boone County Pee Wee Football League as a member of the Chiefs.

Maybe you are correct about Woolf but Ross did play for them as an 8th grader. Their website says this is the fifth year for the Union Raiders.

Is thread about Ryle or Boone County Peewee? :idunno:

 

This from the guy who hijacks every thread into a SK love fest ?

 

If you read we are talking about the advantages and disadvantages of the feeder programs vs. the BCPWFL. We have mentioned every HS that has a feeder program in place. Just admit you hate SK not being the focus and get over it. I coached in BCPWFL for 6 years so I've seen upfront both the BCPWFL and the new middle school teams. I was making a point. BCPWFL missed the boat waiting too long to align with the HS's. The middle school clubs were necessary.

This from the guy who hijacks every thread into a SK love fest ?

 

If you read we are talking about the advantages and disadvantages of the feeder programs vs. the BCPWFL. We have mentioned every HS that has a feeder program in place. Just admit you hate SK not being the focus and get over it. I coached in BCPWFL for 6 years so I've seen upfront both the BCPWFL and the new middle school teams. I was making a point. BCPWFL missed the boat waiting too long to align with the HS's. The middle school clubs were necessary.

 

And you bite every time, lol.

Maybe you are correct about Woolf but Ross did play for them as an 8th grader. Their website says this is the fifth year for the Union Raiders.

 

Logan Ross played on the freshman team as an 8th grader not for the Union Raiders.

Logan Ross played on the freshman team as an 8th grader not for the Union Raiders.

http://www.unionraidersyf.com/img/13.jpg

 

The pic above is from their 2010 page third one down from the left.

http://www.unionraidersyf.com/photos.html

Hmmm...wasn't he #91 and his dad was a coach? Another kid who played in 8th grade that same year, 2010 was Marshall Rich, he no longer plays football.

Edited by doubledeuce

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.