Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County Pee Wee

Featured Replies

That's not entirely true. Beechwood and Cov Cath have the Spartans and HHS has the Red Devils which feed them programs. I know several famines that had their kids play for those teams just because they were going to those high schools.

 

But at least in the case of the Red Devils you don't gain the advantages mentioned in your prior post as they end up at multiple schools. Only a handful go to HHS. My son's senior year there was one who had played FTYFL for 6 years then went to the Red Devils in eighth grade. CC and NCC seemed to get the most players. However, the FTYFL does feed HHS and provides the advantages mentioned.

  • Replies 162
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bandits team, and I could be wrong, was created because of a wish to keep ONE of the Hebron midget teams all together. There are TWO Hebron midget teams in BCPWFL. To me, it appeared this was the "winning" Hebron team. The draft into a Hebron jr division team could have allowed kids to meet MORE kids from Hebron and chance different wins/losses learning etc. The league drafts to their high schools. My understanding also, is that Conner is NOT in direct support of this like a feeder you see in Union. Again, this is just my understanding..... I also witnessed a few come back and request to come back to the BCPWFL after signing up for Bandits and their fee was waived.

The Bandits team, and I could be wrong, was created because of a wish to keep ONE of the Hebron midget teams all together. There are TWO Hebron midget teams in BCPWFL. To me, it appeared this was the "winning" Hebron team. The draft into a Hebron jr division team could have allowed kids to meet MORE kids from Hebron and chance different wins/losses learning etc. The league drafts to their high schools. My understanding also, is that Conner is NOT in direct support of this like a feeder you see in Union. Again, this is just my understanding..... I also witnessed a few come back and request to come back to the BCPWFL after signing up for Bandits and their fee was waived.

 

The Bandits will play most their home games at Thomas Moore.

The Red Devils does have a Senior Team. 18 players and growing. 2 Great coaches with over 20 years each. With a group of kids who have only lost 3 games as a Red Devil.

The Bandits will play most their home games at Thomas Moore.

 

Correct. That is what I read as well. I believe the BCPWFL has a meeting tonight with the parks regarding some teams being moved off of their practice fields at Idlewild for the Bandits to practice on. The argument being, they are not a "Boone" county team per se. Play games in Kenton county etc. Not sure what the outcome there will be...

Correct. That is what I read as well. I believe the BCPWFL has a meeting tonight with the parks regarding some teams being moved off of their practice fields at Idlewild for the Bandits to practice on. The argument being, they are not a "Boone" county team per se. Play games in Kenton county etc. Not sure what the outcome there will be...

 

The Bandits are in the NKYFL not Boone County Peewee League.

Highlands does not do what Ryle and Cooper does, nor does Beechwood from what I understand.

 

 

You are absolutely correct about the most important part is teaching fundamentals.

 

 

The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the pigeon hole effect of athletes. You know as well as anyone on this board how kids change from youth to high school. I like it where there are multiple kids coming into high that have played qb for instance.

 

 

For what it is worth, I have a lot of respect for the parents and the communities for making he commitment they have made to their schools and programs. Hats off!

 

Highlands main focus is to have as many kids play their jr. high league as possible to have a bigger talent pool when they get to high school. It helps big time as you have 4 kids playing quarterback in Jr. high instead of having one and a backup. Also at other postitions as well. In addition it keeps kids involved in the sport as they are starting and not 2nd or 3rd string that they may get frustrated and quit.

Highlands main focus is to have as many kids play their jr. high league as possible to have a bigger talent pool when they get to high school. It helps big time as you have 4 kids playing quarterback in Jr. high instead of having one and a backup. Also at other postitions as well. In addition it keeps kids involved in the sport as they are starting and not 2nd or 3rd string that they may get frustrated and quit.

 

 

That is the beauty of their league.

Correct. That is what I read as well. I believe the BCPWFL has a meeting tonight with the parks regarding some teams being moved off of their practice fields at Idlewild for the Bandits to practice on. The argument being, they are not a "Boone" county team per se. Play games in Kenton county etc. Not sure what the outcome there will be...

 

The Bandits are in the NKYFL not Boone County Peewee League.

BC did not say the Bandits were in the BCPWFL.

 

They are in your league and you are partly paying for them to be there.

BC did not say the Bandits were in the BCPWFL.

 

 

 

They are in your league and you are partly paying for them to be there.

 

I didn't pay them.

Highlands main focus is to have as many kids play their jr. high league as possible to have a bigger talent pool when they get to high school. It helps big time as you have 4 kids playing quarterback in Jr. high instead of having one and a backup. Also at other postitions as well. In addition it keeps kids involved in the sport as they are starting and not 2nd or 3rd string that they may get frustrated and quit.

I feel that this is the key. If one Qb moves or for some other reason leaves you are not left making Qb out of a Rb at the high school level. Not saying it can't be done but makes transition smoother and keeps the competition going between players.

I've personally witnessed the affect on chemistry that playing together has. Ryle has seen two very good frosh teams who are now Juniiors and Sophomores, who have gone for the most part through the Union Raiders. Many believe that this is the most talented group of kids that Ryle has had in a while.. Coincidence? I guess we will see if the effect translates to wins on the field. I believe it will.

I've personally witnessed the affect on chemistry that playing together has. Ryle has seen two very good frosh teams who are now Juniiors and Sophomores, who have gone for the most part through the Union Raiders. Many believe that this is the most talented group of kids that Ryle has had in a while.. Coincidence? I guess we will see if the effect translates to wins on the field. I believe it will.

Isn't the Senior class the first Union Raider team?

I've personally witnessed the affect on chemistry that playing together has. Ryle has seen two very good frosh teams who are now Juniiors and Sophomores, who have gone for the most part through the Union Raiders. Many believe that this is the most talented group of kids that Ryle has had in a while.. Coincidence? I guess we will see if the effect translates to wins on the field. I believe it will.

A high level of talent is not because they played together.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.