May 13, 201412 yr French Foreign Minister Lauren Fabius says we have only 500 days left before before chaos sets in, if we do not do something about global warming or whatever they call it. Not that I want to wish my life away, but can't wait to see that this claim is bogus as all the other fear mongering claims of the last 40 or so years.
May 13, 201412 yr Are they saying it will be like The Day After Tomorrow and we'll all have to move to the Caribbean to survive? Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.....
May 14, 201412 yr Author Are they saying it will be like The Day After Tomorrow and we'll all have to move to the Caribbean to survive? Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes..... With the news of the large chunks of ice breaking off in the Antarctic and global warming the Caribbean is coming to you.
May 14, 201412 yr With the news of the large chunks of ice breaking off in the Antarctic and global warming the Caribbean is coming to you. Well crap, I want to go there. I don't want it to come here.
May 14, 201412 yr Are they saying it will be like The Day After Tomorrow and we'll all have to move to the Caribbean to survive? Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes..... Wouldn't the Carribean have a climate akin to Minnesota if the dopey movie became reality?
May 14, 201412 yr Wouldn't the Carribean have a climate akin to Minnesota if the dopey movie became reality? Yeah because the poles moved or something didn't they?
May 14, 201412 yr I never understood why republicans discount global warming. Folks it's real whether you want to believe it or not. I would love to be proved wrong but it ain't happening.
May 14, 201412 yr I never understood why republicans discount global warming. Folks it's real whether you want to believe it or not. I would love to be proved wrong but it ain't happening. I am in wait and see mode. Global warming makes sense to me as does climate change. It seems like you can find science to support it and discount it. I'll just wait and see.
May 14, 201412 yr I never understood why republicans discount global warming. Folks it's real whether you want to believe it or not. I would love to be proved wrong but it ain't happening. It really is hard to argue that we haven't had some negative effect on our environment, and that there is to some extent global warming. Especially when you look at the fact that we've had many of the warmest years on record over the last two decades or so. I don't know that I'm ready to declare us doomed or not. I just wish people would stop using one ridiculously cold or one crazy hot month to prove there either is or isn't global warming.
May 14, 201412 yr It really is hard to argue that we haven't had some negative effect on our environment, and that there is to some extent global warming. Especially when you look at the fact that we've had many of the warmest years on record over the last two decades or so. I don't know that I'm ready to declare us doomed or not. Agreed. It is clear the environment has become more volatile, but I'm guessing things such as this happen every so often. Is it man's fault? Probably to an extent, just because our resources are more taxed and our population is higher than ever. Is it avoidable? Maybe. What bothers me is that politicians who can make policies to potentially improve the situation either play the "doom and gloom" card or they bury their heads in the sand. Common sense working across party (and international) lines to use science to make wise decisions seems to not even be an option. And that is sad.
May 14, 201412 yr I just wish people would stop using one ridiculously cold or one crazy hot month to prove there either is or isn't global warming. No kidding. I know it's a funny joke when it's 0 outside and people say "look at this global warming." But in reality you have to look at months, years, decades, or even longer to judge climate change (positive or negative). I don't think enough people actually know that.
May 14, 201412 yr I'm so sick of people politicizing science I could vomit. 1) There are only rough outlines and timetables for huge disasters associated with global climate change. 2) Even if it were 500 days, how would we fix a problem two centuries in the making over the next two years? 3) I hate this person.
May 14, 201412 yr Not that I want to wish my life away, but can't wait to see that this claim is bogus as all the other fear mongering claims of the last 40 or so years. Plenty of the "fear mongering" has gotten things done. This claim is outrageous (Do you have a link, by the way?) but some of it wasn't. If you want to see what this country might be like if not for the Clean Air Act, go stand outside in Shanghai on a hot summer day.
May 14, 201412 yr I'm so sick of people politicizing science I could vomit. 1) There are only rough outlines and timetables for huge disasters associated with global climate change. 2) Even if it were 500 days, how would we fix a problem two centuries in the making over the next two years? 3) I hate this person. A charitable interpretation would be that he was referring to the amount of time countries had to put together a working agreement before the major UN climate summit in France in roughly 500 days, not that the apocalypse would occur in 500 days.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.