Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

500 Day Countdown To Our Doom

Featured Replies

A charitable interpretation would be that he was referring to the amount of time countries had to put together a working agreement before the major UN climate summit in France in roughly 500 days, not that the apocalypse would occur in 500 days.

 

I haven't seen the actual statement yet. Simply going off the lede to this thread. Is there a recommended link to the actual statement?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Man, I'm out of the loop this week. None of that made any sense to me. Seems like there is a lot of context for a lot of the things mentioned, and I just don't know any of it.

My thoughts:

 

1) This guy is an idiot if he really said that.

 

2) I've never met anyone who says Global Warming isn't happening. What is up for debate is how much (if any) impact humans have on it.

 

3) Whether it's real or not, I could not possibly care any less. I can't find the need or want to care about what happens to Earth 300-400+ years from now. I won't be here, my kids won't be here, my grandchildren won't be here, and my great-grandchildren won't be here, so I just don't care.

Global Warming = Climate Change.

 

Happened before, will happen again. But aren't we currently in a cooling trend overall?

The French always surrender easily....even to the weather....

My thoughts:

 

1) This guy is an idiot if he really said that.

 

2) I've never met anyone who says Global Warming isn't happening. What is up for debate is how much (if any) impact humans have on it.

 

3) Whether it's real or not, I could not possibly care any less. I can't find the need or want to care about what happens to Earth 300-400+ years from now. I won't be here, my kids won't be here, my grandchildren won't be here, and my great-grandchildren won't be here, so I just don't care.

 

Well a bunch of ex-military US generals think it's a concern:

U.S. Military Pressed to Act on Climate Change - WSJ.com

 

During the last elections I believe Rick Santorum flat out denied Global Warming was happening. He called it a liberal plot (or something close)

Well a bunch of ex-military US generals think it's a concern:

U.S. Military Pressed to Act on Climate Change - WSJ.com

 

During the last elections I believe Rick Santorum flat out denied Global Warming was happening. He called it a liberal plot (or something close)

Former generals are just like any other group of veterans. Some are Democrats, some are Republicans, some are liberals, and some are conservatives. Their opinion on man-made global warming is worth no more than anybody else's.

 

Climate change is settled science. The climate is constantly changing one way or another, as it has been doing for millions of years and as it will continue doing.

Well a bunch of ex-military US generals think it's a concern:

U.S. Military Pressed to Act on Climate Change - WSJ.com

 

During the last elections I believe Rick Santorum flat out denied Global Warming was happening. He called it a liberal plot (or something close)

 

Scam would be accurate.

 

If CO2 drives temps as the scammers claim - we should all be crispy critters by now.

 

Climate changes but but anthropogenic drivers are over stated and used by greedy greenies.

Scam would be accurate.

 

Climate changes but but anthropogenic drivers are over stated and used by greedy greenies.

 

I guess we can end any discussion about climate change here because there is surely nobody that would have any financial interest in disputing science that says that pumping carbon into the atmosphere has any negative effects on the earth's climate because they fear dealing with it might lead to legislation that would aim to limit such a thing. I can't think of anyone with a monetary stake in the matter other than scientists who would still have jobs as scientists or researchers whether said legislation was passed or not.

Bacteria and disease have been such a financial windfall for the scientific community. Their research has scared the public into washing their hands and taking appropriate antibiotics to counteract infections. I'm surprised no one has caught onto that long con yet. Follow the money.

Haha....you need to come around more often Habib. Hell, I may start a Habib vs. Getslow thread...think Superman vs. Batman and I'll just sit and try to follow along. I learn a ton from both of you.

Bacteria and disease have been such a financial windfall for the scientific community. Their research has scared the public into washing their hands and taking appropriate antibiotics to counteract infections. I'm surprised no one has caught onto that long con yet. Follow the money.

 

 

Hand sanitizer is a scam isn't it??? Isn't it. Washing your hands and hand sanitizer are the same thing, aren't they???

Haha....you need to come around more often Habib. Hell, I may start a Habib vs. Getslow thread...think Superman vs. Batman and I'll just sit and try to follow along. I learn a ton from both of you.

 

Well, I ain't gonna wear spandex if that's what you're askin'.

 

adam west.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.