May 4, 201412 yr Apparently Mango was arrested Friday night for failure to disperse and drinking in public. The police spokesman said it was at 3rd and Central, a block from Churchill Downs. At first glance, this seems extremely stupid, IMO... http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dd1lF?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com
May 4, 201412 yr I'm sure the classic Pitino indefinite suspension is in the works. He will be suspended from the team until practices resume. I agree though, seems like nothing to get worked up about.
May 5, 201412 yr Apparently Mango was arrested Friday night for failure to disperse and drinking in public. The police spokesman said it was at 3rd and Central, a block from Churchill Downs. At first glance, this seems extremely stupid, IMO... Police: U of L basketball player arrested - WDRB 41 Louisville News Not really worried about it. He's a kid who there are probably some cultural differences for and he's used to living the life of a big time D1 player and maybe just made a mistake. If there's a pattern of this kind of thing or something else, then I'll feel different, but just looking at this incident in a vacuum, I'll reserve judgment and think "a college kid being a college kid". Again, I don't know anything other than what he was cited with.
May 5, 201412 yr Regardless, he will be back for the UK game. Failure to,diapers means the cops said leave and they didn't. Rule is if you don't do what the cops ask, then you go to jail.
May 5, 201412 yr Regardless, he will be back for the UK game. Failure to,diapers means the cops said leave and they didn't. Rule is if you don't do what the cops ask, then you go to jail. :thumb:
May 5, 201412 yr Newsflash!!!!! College student arrested for drinking on Derby weekend. Second Newsflash!!!!! The sun rose in the east this morning.
May 5, 201412 yr No big deal really. But if you are a D1 athlete at a big university, you can't be putting yourself in these situations.
May 5, 201412 yr No Biggie! Move along everyone... Agreed. I'd imagine that the kid has been harder on himself than most anyone else would be. This probably happened to tons of UK and U of L students that day, but only one made headlines. I'll also give Mathiang a little more leeway than I would most players because he's a kid who probably hasn't been in the States very long and obviously could have had some issues interpreting things due to the language barrier, cultural differences, etc. As Americans, most of us probably wouldn't do what he did, but if you reverse the roles, I'm not sure that I would know how to deal with police officers in a foreign continent that I'd only lived in for 3 years. Again, this is me not knowing the facts that led up to that, but was just something that was a first impression when I heard about it. Failure to disperse and drinking in public (on Derby day) doesn't really strike me as someone who is a hardened criminal.
May 5, 201412 yr ^ Yeah, he's from Australia and those people are NUTS. :lol2: Didn't realize he was an Aussie. And yes, they are kinda crazy when they want to be (broad over-generalzation). I'll never forget going to the Tower of London and they ask who is from what continent and they save Australia for last and go, "well... welcome home".
May 5, 201412 yr It dont matter where you are from, if a cop tells you to disperse and leave, then you do what they say. Im sure its no different in Australia. It aint a mistake, its a lack of judgement on the kid.
May 5, 201412 yr It was Derby weekend. :lol: In the overall scheme of things, this is no big deal. And for those saying he should have known better to be in such a situation, well...It was Derby weekend. The entire city was that situation. It's all good.
May 5, 201412 yr So an underage college kid was caught drinking during Derby weekend? That's got to be a first. Seriously, why waste resources on something this stupid? Everyone drinks during the Derby. Just seems to me the Louisville Police would have better things to do during Derby weekend than arrest some college kids for drinking. :idunno:
May 5, 201412 yr So an underage college kid was caught drinking during Derby weekend? That's got to be a first. Seriously, why waste resources on something this stupid? Everyone drinks during the Derby. Just seems to me the Louisville Police would have better things to do during Derby weekend than arrest some college kids for drinking. :idunno: Mango is 21.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.