UK Spring Game

LOOGY

Out of town this weekend so I couldn't see the spring game. Sounds like UK finally has the wheels rolling a little bit on offense. PT evidently was the better of the QB's yesterday, and the running back group is awesome. Anyone there or who saw it want to share their observations?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RBs were really strong. 4 deep without losing anything. Kemp is explosive. Towles and Phillips looked good too. Barker, not so much but he was nervous. Better than last year in all phases. Should be though.

Didn't' hear an attendance, I'd say 45,000 or so.

O-line looks much improved.

Cats are deep at the RB position, I like Mikel Horton a lot.

Lot of early enroll freshmen and JUCOs making plays.

All of the QBs had moments - good and bad.

Ryan Timmons has the potential to be a big play maker.

PT looked good. Looked confident. Under control. Passes looked good although they didn't throw downfield very often. He and Robinson made a living on the 10 yard out. He threw a pick to the DE.

Drew looked good in spurts. He throws a really nice ball. There were two plays where he and the receiver were not on the same page. His 30 yd TD pass was really nice. His long ball had too much on it. Overthrew a couple of receivers. For being on campus since only January, he looked solid. Led a drive for a TD with the backups against the first team D.

Phillips is Phillips. Not a strong arm. Fairly accurate. Decent size.

Running backs looked good - all 4 of them.

Crowd was good considering max was 42k due to construction. Cat Walk was very rowdy.

I followed it online, no audio just play by play info. Glad to see Cam Fogle with a couple receptions. I think he was leading recievers in yards at the half or close to it with only a couple catches. I'd love to see him get some pt this year.

Didn't' hear an attendance, I'd say 45,000 or so.

O-line looks much improved.

Cats are deep at the RB position, I like Mikel Horton a lot.

Lot of early enroll freshmen and JUCOs making plays.

All of the QBs had moments - good and bad.

Ryan Timmons has the potential to be a big play maker.

35,117 is what it said in the newspaper.

PT looked good. Looked confident. Under control. Passes looked good although they didn't throw downfield very often. He and Robinson made a living on the 10 yard out. He threw a pick to the DE.

Drew looked good in spurts. He throws a really nice ball. There were two plays where he and the receiver were not on the same page. His 30 yd TD pass was really nice. His long ball had too much on it. Overthrew a couple of receivers. For being on campus since only January, he looked solid. Led a drive for a TD with the backups against the first team D.

Phillips is Phillips. Not a strong arm. Fairly accurate. Decent size.

Running backs looked good - all 4 of them.

Crowd was good considering max was 42k due to construction. Cat Walk was very rowdy.

7/19 is not solid.

There were 33K people there yesterday for 12th in the nation. Not bad for a team coming off back to back 2 win seasons.

Not bad at all. The depth they are building at WR and RB is impressive to say the least. Just wait til Blue, Montgomery, Badet, Bone, Baker, Williams and Johnson are on the field. Watchout.

LHL had Barker with two TD drives, but somebody told me he had 3, which was more than the other two QB's who both had two. Is that correct?

For as much as you all hyped him I thought he would have done better.