Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in MMA fight...who wins?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question I asked in the other thread of those that watched the fight....Did Rousey try to out box a boxer because of her ego or did she try to go inside and just couldn't?

One tweet I saw last night said she didn't attack as usual and looked to be trying to out box her instead of getting inside with judo.

Rousey has heard over and over that she can't box...think her ego made her try something she shouldn't have?

A question I asked in the other thread of those that watched the fight....Did Rousey try to out box a boxer because of her ego or did she try to go inside and just couldn't?

One tweet I saw last night said she didn't attack as usual and looked to be trying to out box her instead of getting inside with judo.

Rousey has heard over and over that she can't box...think her ego made her try something she shouldn't have?

Go to that YouTube link above and watch the fight. Don't worry, it doesn't long.

If Holly could pound Ronda's face, Floyd would likely disfigure her.

I figured Rousey's day would come, but not this soon, or end this badly. Maybe she was too busy being a star. But I'm not sure I see her recovering from this.

And let me be the first to say, I find Holly kind of attractive.

When she started to shoot and step forward with her left leg, Holm would do a straight front kick into her quad burying her heel deep in her leg. So, then that makes you stand a little upright to keep your leg from getting hammered. Roused standing tall and facing a boxer/kick boxer is not a good recipe on top of Holm being a lefty

Rousey had to be careful rushing in because of Holm's ability to kick, strike, and move. Watching Holm move in the octagon on the balls of her feet like a boxer and seeing Rousey flat footed and heavy footed, seemed like a tortoise trying to catch the hare. Or like Rocky trying to catch those chickens. Rousey would swing and Holm would duck under and be almost behind her before Rousey knew it.

• 1 year later...