Which Car Best Predicts Voting Habits?

Clyde

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define foreign car.

That's an discussion I had with one of my coworkers not too long ago. You can have a American based company that builds their vehicles in Canada or Mexico (or even elsewhere)...or you can have a Japanese based company that builds and assembles their vehicles on American soil, using American workers. So, which one is it? Do you look at where the money trail ends...or do you look where the actual vehicle is built?

That's an discussion I had with one of my coworkers not too long ago. You can have a American based company that builds their vehicles in Canada or Mexico (or even elsewhere)...or you can have a Japanese based company that builds and assembles their vehicles on American soil, using American workers. So, which one is it? Do you look at where the money trail ends...or do you look where the actual vehicle is built?

It's foolishness to worry about it. Globalization is a fact; it's just happening and it's only going to keep happening. The first two decades of it have had some hiccups, to be sure, but increased freedom of movement and capital and continuous exchange of ideas and methods will only make the global economy grow. Money is being pumped into local economies by workers and by corporate revenues and by consumer spending no matter what.

It's foolishness to worry about it. Globalization is a fact; it's just happening and it's only going to keep happening. The first two decades of it have had some hiccups, to be sure, but increased freedom of movement and capital and continuous exchange of ideas and methods will only make the global economy grow. Money is being pumped into local economies by workers and by corporate revenues and by consumer spending no matter what.

Wasn't worried about it at all. Just saying that the definition of what "foreign" is, has changed over the years.