Which Car Best Predicts Voting Habits?

Clyde

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an discussion I had with one of my coworkers not too long ago. You can have a American based company that builds their vehicles in Canada or Mexico (or even elsewhere)...or you can have a Japanese based company that builds and assembles their vehicles on American soil, using American workers. So, which one is it? Do you look at where the money trail ends...or do you look where the actual vehicle is built?

I've gotten to where I don't care where the bottom line $ ends up, it's all the in between. Look at how much money Toyota generates for our economy. It's hard to care that the bottom line profits end up in Japan.

I would think a smart car and a Suburban (or some type of gas guzzler). Don't know if they really have enough numbers to count for statistical significance, but I'd bet that some of the higher end ones like Porsche, etc. as well.

You'd also think that truck ownership would be a decent indicator.

That's an discussion I had with one of my coworkers not too long ago. You can have a American based company that builds their vehicles in Canada or Mexico (or even elsewhere)...or you can have a Japanese based company that builds and assembles their vehicles on American soil, using American workers. So, which one is it? Do you look at where the money trail ends...or do you look where the actual vehicle is built?

Assembly is another thing that would probably blow people's minds.