Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montreal Alouettes sign Chad Johnson

Featured Replies

Wasn't he working for CBS sports fantasy? He's probably taking a pay cut now.. But hoping to get a minimum NFL deal. However, he prob doesn't realize the NFL doesn't want him at any price more than likely. Unless someone gets real desperate.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard today on Sirius/XM NFL he is making 68K US dollars in this contract. He either really loves the game or thinks it's another chance for the NFL.

Is Alouette french for alligator? He has the arms for it.

  • Author

^ And the big mouth!

 

All kidding aside, I would like to see him in action.

I am reading this thread for the first time and just shaking my head. Is there any other receiver that is the greatest receiver in a team's history like Chad who gets hammered like this? He is the greatest receiver in Bengals history yet he has alligator arms and can't run routes and enjoyed his TD's too much. Don't try to explain it to me. You are wasting your words. You all "enjoy" your memory of his career and I will enjoy my view.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Aw, you love you some Ocho Cinco... That's sweet, I think you should keep all of those good images stored away.

 

For the record, he's the football version of Brandon Phillips for me. But I digress.

I am reading this thread for the first time and just shaking my head. Is there any other receiver that is the greatest receiver in a team's history like Chad who gets hammered like this? He is the greatest receiver in Bengals history yet he has alligator arms and can't run routes and enjoyed his TD's too much. Don't try to explain it to me. You are wasting your words. You all "enjoy" your memory of his career and I will enjoy my view.

 

I was one of the biggest supporters of Chad, and was even for them not making that trade to Washington. Because at that time Chad's focus was only on football and was one of the best at it, and even hearing the stories of how he would stay the night at the team facility because he wanted to be the best. Which for awhile he was right up there as one of the best, and I believe led the AFC in receiving yards for 3 straight years. That's why I never had any problem with his checklist, or touchdown dances. Because he used those things as motivation to do great and he produced.

 

The bad thing was after the Bengals could have taken the Washington trade, his focus went away from football and that is when we seen his play drop a lot. We went from him and Carson having a good relationship to both of them never being on the same page. Seen him making unbelievable catches, to start doing the alligator arm stuff. He even admitted last year I believe that he messed up and didn't have his complete focus on football at the end of his Bengals career. So my only problem with him came with his last few years when his focus went away from the game. Before that though I loved him because he did work hard and he did do great things for the Bengals.

  • Author

Very well stated future.

I pretty much agree with FC's post above. Except I will point out that in 2009, Chad's second to last season with the Bengals (after the Redskins rumors), Chad caught 72 passes for over 1,000 yards and 9 TD's and went to a Pro Bowl. But yes, that was a drop in his previous production. His last season with the Bengals he caught 67, 831 yds, 4 TD's in 14 games. His antics never bothered me. I found them entertaining. I think most fans got way too caught up in the sideshow and forgot about how good a receiver he was. And fans discounted how good a receiver he was because of the antics then made him a scapegoat for anything wrong on the team.

He's probably just looking for a pay check.

 

 

Bingo!

I pretty much agree with FC's post above. Except I will point out that in 2009, Chad's second to last season with the Bengals (after the Redskins rumors), Chad caught 72 passes for over 1,000 yards and 9 TD's and went to a Pro Bowl. But yes, that was a drop in his previous production. His last season with the Bengals he caught 67, 831 yds, 4 TD's in 14 games. His antics never bothered me. I found them entertaining. I think most fans got way too caught up in the sideshow and forgot about how good a receiver he was. And fans discounted how good a receiver he was because of the antics then made him a scapegoat for anything wrong on the team.

 

 

Much like TO. One of the best WR's of all time but no one will ever look at him in that light. Instead he is just pretty much a big joke, it's sad.

Is Alouette french for alligator? He has the arms for it.

 

Not sure if you really wanted the answer, but it's French for lark.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.