Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montreal Alouettes sign Chad Johnson

Featured Replies

The Montreal Alouettes said Thursday that Johnson had signed with their club, the CFL’s website reported. The Alouettes also tweeted a picture of Johnson ostensibly signing a contract with the team.

 

Johnson joins an Alouettes receiving corps which includes Duron Carter, the son of NFL Hall of Famer Cris Carter. Ex-Jets wideout David Clowney is also on the Montreal roster.

 

Montreal Alouettes sign Chad Johnson | ProFootballTalk

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Interesting. Are these games on TV?

Interesting. Are these games on TV?

 

I've always been surprised there isn't a market for the CFL here in the states. You'd think somebody would have picked these up by now.

Interesting. Are these games on TV?

 

I've seen some once in a blue moon on my Fioptics, but not consistently. I wish more CFL was televised but I'm sure NCAA & NFL would not care for it.

 

Hope Chad does well. If this doesn't work out there's always indoor football, and he doesn't need to run real routes there.

Anybody know if the CFL allows the types of endzone celebrations that Chad loves but the NFL doesn't?

Anybody know if the CFL allows the types of endzone celebrations that Chad loves but the NFL doesn't?

 

Looks like Chad will have no problems:

 

Interesting. Are these games on TV?

 

Apparently last year, The NBC Sports Network carried a season worth of games. I haven't watched the CFL in a long time, since the days that ESPN was in its early days and used to televise the games. It's kind of hard for me to watch though....the field just looks strange, with a 55 yard line and the crazy big endzones.

I enjoy the CFL, I know a few years ago the NFL Network aired two games per week. Tough break for Chad as Anthony Calvillo retired in January.

  • Author

User Actions

Follow

 

3021adb8e3fe6e07d2c8d26adaa7fe66_bigger.png
SiriusXM NFL Radio
‏
@
SiriusXMNFL

Montreal Alouettes GM Jim Popp on Chad Johnson: "He said it wasn't about getting back to the NFL. He wanted to be part of a team again."

  • Author

^ Whatever Chad, save the lies, it's over...

^ Whatever Chad, save the lies, it's over...

 

Part of me believes it's actually not about getting back to the NFL for Chad. The reason I believe it is because as I follow Chad on Twitter he's said multiple times that his NFL career is over because of his own actions and that he doesn't blame teams for not taking a chance on him.

Part of me believes it's actually not about getting back to the NFL for Chad. The reason I believe it is because as I follow Chad on Twitter he's said multiple times that his NFL career is over because of his own actions and that he doesn't blame teams for not taking a chance on him.

 

I feel the same way. Would he accept a spot in the NFL again? Absolutely. But, I think he truly realizes how deeply he messed up and is just trying to get that feeling only a team can bring to him.

  • Author
Part of me believes it's actually not about getting back to the NFL for Chad. The reason I believe it is because as I follow Chad on Twitter he's said multiple times that his NFL career is over because of his own actions and that he doesn't blame teams for not taking a chance on him.

 

I know, I like to believe my sports peeps too but I ain't buying. In that case, I believe it is just another series of lies attempting to show everyone he has learned from his mistakes. Add that to possible success in the CFL and that is Chad's only shot.

 

Remember, less than a year ago Stephen A. Smith told Chad going to the CFL is what he needed to do and Chad said don't disrespect me like that, I almost jumped across the table (for suggesting it), and I'm not going to the CFL.

 

Chad Johnson is a liar, a cancer to any NFL football team, and only out for Chad Johnson.

I know, I like to believe my sports peeps too but I ain't buying. In that case, I believe it is just another series of lies attempting to show everyone he has learned from his mistakes. Add that to possible success in the CFL and that is Chad's only shot.

 

Remember, less than a year ago Stephen A. Smith told Chad going to the CFL is what he needed to do and Chad said don't disrespect me like that, I almost jumped across the table (for suggesting it), and I'm not going to the CFL.

 

Chad Johnson is a liar, a cancer to any NFL football team, and only out for Chad Johnson.

 

Ehh you are probably right. I guess I just try to remain positive despite all evidence about someone suggesting I shouldn't. It is funny you mentioned the liar part, he keep saying he is 6 foot 3 on twitter. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere, you look he is listed at 6'1'' and people call him out about it all the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.