KY Jr Team Announced

Seems to me they already knew who they wanted on team before tryouts even started. How can you pick who makes the team after only one 4 hour tryout. Alot of players chosen were based on their "name" and nobody can convince me otherwise . Also your typical political picks!! Seems like the team is stacked with alot of players with the same skill set/type of game. No disrespect to any of the players that made it but Hagen Tyler should have made it over half the players on the list. Also can say the same for a few other players not chosen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add Drew McDonald as the 4th in that list.

When I said guaranteed, I meant they could have not even tried out and still be given a spot on the team.

Nothing against Drew but he wasn't apart of that "short list."

When I said guaranteed, I meant they could have not even tried out and still be given a spot on the team.

Nothing against Drew but he wasn't apart of that "short list."

How do you know this or are you just randomly guessing?

Looking at the list IMO the guaranteed people were:

Justice

Bolden

Spalding

Hall

McDonald

Rose

Tisdale

Matlock

Perry

Tisdale

Cowherd

Sutton

Why do you think these individuals were "guaranteed"?

The only "guaranteed" to make it were Bolden, Justice, and Spalding....in that order.

All 6 Travelers who tried out were guaranteed a spot without coming in the gym. Sutton impressed me. I thought James Bolden was awful and incredibly selfish. Ray is Ray. Cameron shot the ball well. Not sure how good of a defender is though. Assuming Indiana has some good guards, I'm not sure if he can stay in front of them.

The pickup team selections puzzled me. Putting Timmy Taylor, Ronnie Carson, and James Bolden on the same team doesn't make much sense. It quickly turned into 2 of the best guards in the state watching Beetle dribble around.

All around, I can't be too dissapointed because 5 of our kids made the team, but there are a couple of questionable decisions. I would have been interested to see the thought process behind the inclusion of a couple kids and the exclusion of some others like Taylor, Carson and Hagen Tyler.

All 6 Travelers who tried out were guaranteed a spot without coming in the gym. Sutton impressed me. I thought James Bolden was awful and incredibly selfish. Ray is Ray. Cameron shot the ball well. Not sure how good of a defender is though. Assuming Indiana has some good guards, I'm not sure if he can stay in front of them.

The pickup team selections puzzled me. Putting Timmy Taylor, Ronnie Carson, and James Bolden on the same team doesn't make much sense. It quickly turned into 2 of the best guards in the state watching Beetle dribble around.

All around, I can't be too dissapointed because 5 of our kids made the team, but there are a couple of questionable decisions. I would have been interested to see the thought process behind the inclusion of a couple kids and the exclusion of some others like Taylor, Carson and Hagen Tyler.

I think there were 7 Travelers:

Spaulding

Justice

McDonald

Bolden

Perry

Sutton

Rose