KY Jr Team Announced

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was at the tryouts and I know what I saw.

I witnessed the same thing last year. Before you walk into the gym you know by name alone most of the kids that were going to make the team. a couple of hours of drills and a couple of short pick up games don't allow for the lesser known kids to shine. Keep in mind those kids that have the reputation typically deserve it.

Congrats to the kids that were invited and to the kids that made the team. Win a couple for the Bluegrass state.

I witnessed the same thing last year. Before you walk into the gym you know by name alone most of the kids that were going to make the team. a couple of hours of drills and a couple of short pick up games don't allow for the lesser known kids to shine. Keep in mind those kids that have the reputation typically deserve it.

Congrats to the kids that were invited and to the kids that made the team. Win a couple for the Bluegrass state.

This. :thumb:

IMO your order is off.

Spaulding

Justice

Bolden

Just my opinion.

My list was going off of what was sent to someone after the try out as to who was going to make it and the order they were chosen...not my personal order.

Not a random guess.

I still think Drew is top 5 or 6 in this class so don't take that post the wrong way.

Having now watched most of the bigs in the state this season I'm wondering who do you think is better all around? His strength and mobility as a post I think moves him to the top, or near top.

It's pretty easy to figure out regarding Carson and Tyler. It's due to where they each go to high school. If you look at the areas these kids came from, the only 2 surprises were kids from Harrison and Ashland, then we find out another W KY kid actually made it in the Ashland kid's place.....leaving only one geographic/high school surprise.

East Jess and Boyle, being in the 12th and not being elite teams with an equal amount of media coverage, didn't carry the same level of credibility as the jerseys of the schools from the larger areas. Those kids would've had to really, really stand out at tryouts. Just my opinion but it seems rather obvious looking at the roster.

All 6 Travelers who tried out were guaranteed a spot without coming in the gym. Sutton impressed me. I thought James Bolden was awful and incredibly selfish. Ray is Ray. Cameron shot the ball well. Not sure how good of a defender is though. Assuming Indiana has some good guards, I'm not sure if he can stay in front of them.

The pickup team selections puzzled me. Putting Timmy Taylor, Ronnie Carson, and James Bolden on the same team doesn't make much sense. It quickly turned into 2 of the best guards in the state watching Beetle dribble around.

All around, I can't be too dissapointed because 5 of our kids made the team, but there are a couple of questionable decisions. I would have been interested to see the thought process behind the inclusion of a couple kids and the exclusion of some others like Taylor, Carson and Hagen Tyler.

You would have know Beetle was a good dribbler and liked to dribble around if you had watched Holmes play in the state tournament two years ago.