Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If I hear Cal say...

Featured Replies

Aside from the fact that he's said it after pretty much every game, win or lose....

 

I'm unsure what your point is... Okay so he did. Show of hands... Who didn't know UK was a young team? Bueller? Bueller? :idunno:

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm unsure what your point is... Okay so he did. Show of hands... Who didn't know UK was a young team? Bueller? Bueller? :idunno:

 

My point is, it's not being used as an excuse for losses when he's making the same comments win or lose.

  • Author
Says the guy who says that Cal doesn't coach up his team and isn't a good coach. How anyone can watch this year's team and make those comments is absurd. So yes, I would absolutely say I know more than you about it, as would about 95% of people who watch basketball.

 

Hum, there you go misstating things again. I NEVER said Cal wasn't a good coach. I have said I don't think he's a GREAT coach as some would propose that he is. And I thought I made my "coach up" statement clear in my follow up post. He has a bigger job of having to coach his team up EVEN MORE than the typical coach BECAUSE of the way he has structured his program with 5,6, 7 freshman coming in every year that get the majority of playing time. And since that's the world he has created for himself, that brings me back to my original post about constantly talking about how young they are.

My point is, it's not being used as an excuse for losses when he's making the same comments win or lose.

 

So why does he keep answering questions with the same response?It's like he wants someone to feel sorry for him because poor Cal has to coach the 18 year old young kids...

The part being left out, of course, is that he recruited quite a few guys that were expected to stay, but after having big success they joined the obvious early entry guys. It just doesn't fit the narrative, so it gets left out...

The part being left out, of course, is that he recruited quite a few guys that were expected to stay, but after having big success they joined the obvious early entry guys. It just doesn't fit the narrative, so it gets left out...

 

Who left that was expected to stay?

Who left that was expected to stay?

 

Bledsoe, Orton and Teague are 3.

Orton and Teague were ranked 8th and 13th in their classes.... I don't see how they were expected to stay.... Bledsoe wasn't that high, but he turned into the best pro. But I could at least see the thought that they may have thought he'd be stay a few years...

Orton and Teague were ranked 8th and 13th in their classes.... I don't see how they were expected to stay.... Bledsoe wasn't that high, but he turned into the best pro. But I could at least see the thought that they may have thought he'd be stay a few years...

 

Orton and Teague started the season on no one's radar as far as one and done's. Both had a ton of talent, but (especially in Orton's case) were expected to take time to develop.

Heck, everyone thought that WCS was going to be a four year project and most think he'll be gone after this year and some thought after last year.

Orton and Teague were ranked 8th and 13th in their classes.... I don't see how they were expected to stay.... Bledsoe wasn't that high, but he turned into the best pro. But I could at least see the thought that they may have thought he'd be stay a few years...

 

 

Huh.......

 

John Wall was an All Star this year and led the Wizards to the playoffs for the first time since MJ left if I am not mistaken.

 

Demarcus Cousins is arguably the best big man in the game.

 

Both are better than Bledsoe at this point.

 

Huh.......

 

John Wall was an All Star this year and led the Wizards to the playoffs for the first time since MJ left if I am not mistaken.

 

Demarcus Cousins is arguably the best big man in the game.

 

Both are better than Bledsoe at this point.

 

And that Davis kid that is already a top 10 player in the world...

And that Davis kid that is already a top 10 player in the world...

 

I'm putting myself on a 2 hour punishment for not mentioning him also.

 

I'm so stupid. How did I miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

  • Author
Huh.......

 

John Wall was an All Star this year and led the Wizards to the playoffs for the first time since MJ left if I am not mistaken.

 

Demarcus Cousins is arguably the best big man in the game.

 

Both are better than Bledsoe at this point.

 

I think he meant of the 3 mentioned (Teague, Orton, Bledsoe) Bledsoe has been the best.

My point about "coaching them up" is...if he has freshman every year that make freshman mistakes and the learning curve is higher for them...then he has to as a coach "coach them up" even more than normal, in less time than the typical situation of having 3 or 4 years with most players. Hence the inherent problem of depending on one and dones every year. Freshman will make freshman mistakes...some of them will make a LOT of mistakes. But if you have a new crop coming in every year that will be playing most all the minutes, that situation has to be overcome quicker.

 

 

My problem is the assumed negative- the "inherent problem" has been dealt with pretty well by Coach Cal; check the facts I listed from my first post. He has "overcome" the "situation" pretty quickly if you judge it by wins and loses and accomplishments.

 

I still reiterate my initial point- if he genuinely believes that the fact that the players are young explains the answer to the question asked then what would you have him say?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.