March 27, 201412 yr I didnt go to any of my proms, we always had baseball games those days. Likely story. LOL
March 27, 201412 yr Maybe this would be the PERFECT time to post that picture of RCC9 and my sister from back in the day? :whistling:
March 27, 201412 yr It's getting to be that time of year again. It seems like in the past it was all about WHO you are asking to Prom. Today it's also about HOW you are asking to Prom. lawildcat mentioned in another thread how she was so impressed that the guy didn't just text it, rather he drove all the way out to her house to ask her daughter to prom. What are some creative and innovative prom invitation methods that you have seen or heard about? What about the simple, sincere, heartfelt methods? My son last year went and bought a couple 100 tea light candles. Went over to his girlfriends house one night before she got home, made a path from her front step that went around the back of the house leading to the middle of the backyard to where the candles formed the shape of a heart, lit all of the candles and waited in the middle of the heart for her. When she followed the path of lit candles to find him in the middle waiting, he handed her a heart shaped note asking her to prom. We have pics somewhere. If I find them I will post one.
March 27, 201412 yr Author Not prom, but homecoming.... My son made a big banner asking this girl to homecoming. His plan was to stand outide her school so she would see him when she walked out. He mentioned his plans to some buddies, and they tagged along to watch. She walked out with a group of her friends, and they all saw it and came over near my son. Then-- the unexpected happened. The banner got passed around at least 3 more times by my son's friends as they started to ask her friends to homecoming. All the girls said yes. Nobody was turned down. Safety in numbers. :lol2:
March 27, 201412 yr Our proms were late evening/night. We rarely ever had a night game. I do remember being late once picking up my date. I took my tux with me and changed after the game. It wasnt so much late games as travel back from the games.
March 27, 201412 yr Here is a pic of the path of candles leading to the heart where my son waited in the middle of to ask his girlfriend to prom last year.
March 27, 201412 yr Went to my senior prom and asked a girl that I knew casually. Just wanted to have a good time. Everything went fine at dinner and early at the prom. Then somewhere during the activities she latched on to some guy who came by himself annd he took her home from there. So my prom is technically still incomplete because I have never taken her home. Of course, I have no idea weher she is now. Pretty much scarred me for life:no:
March 27, 201412 yr Author Went to my senior prom and asked a girl that I knew casually. Just wanted to have a good time. Everything went fine at dinner and early at the prom. Then somewhere during the activities she latched on to some guy who came by himself annd he took her home from there. So my prom is technically still incomplete because I have never taken her home. Of course, I have no idea weher she is now. Pretty much scarred me for life:no: I think they have counseling services for that. :lol2:
March 27, 201412 yr I didnt go to any of my proms, we always had baseball games those days. We missed one because of that. Then when our class was juniors, the coach relented and scheduled differently because of some flack from some of the mommies I suppose. We were shocked when the schedule was released.
March 27, 201412 yr We missed one because of that. Then when our class was juniors, the coach relented and scheduled differently because of some flack from some of the mommies I suppose. We were shocked when the schedule was released. And I'll add that the mommy was the parent of a girl who dated a baseball player, not a mommy of the baseball player. figures
March 27, 201412 yr Went to my senior prom and asked a girl that I knew casually. Just wanted to have a good time. Everything went fine at dinner and early at the prom. Then somewhere during the activities she latched on to some guy who came by himself annd he took her home from there. So my prom is technically still incomplete because I have never taken her home. Of course, I have no idea weher she is now. Pretty much scarred me for life:no: That sort of reminds me of a Prom I was asked to the year after I graduated. It ended similar to yours in that I went home without her but that was about the only similarity. I was asked by a girl who was a year behind me. She was a senior and I was already graduated. We didn't really go out before that or anything but the reason I said yes is when I was a freshman I asked a girl to homecoming who I liked for a long time and was rejected....scarred for life with that one lol. So when I was asked by this girl I said yes because I remember how I felt when I got turned down. Anyway she was a great girl and I had no reason not to go with her to her senior prom. Dinner went great, although dinner was at my cousins house who was a senior that year also, she had about 20 people over for dinner that my aunt made, it was awesome. The problem was, we had a little to drink before hand and I walked through my aunts screen door lol. anyway, we get to prom, the girl I was with was a little drunk to say the least. We are sitting at a table and she sits on my lap and you would of thought I was paying for a lap dance, it was getting uncomfortable, she was getting a little too friendly if you know what I mean. She then excused herself and went to the bathroom. She never returned. She apparently was in there tossing her cookies all over the place she was so drunk and then passed out on the floor. I was left the rest of the prom without a date. I went home a couple hours later never seeing the girl again. I think I ran in to her 1 time about 7 years later at the mall lol, she was still a bit embarrassed. I thought it was all good and told her it was fine.
March 27, 201412 yr Our proms were late evening/night. We rarely ever had a night game. I do remember being late once picking up my date. I took my tux with me and changed after the game. Been there. :lol:
March 27, 201412 yr This thread reminds me of Varsity Blues...."Mrs. Davis, will you go to prom with me?" :lol2:
March 27, 201412 yr Not that this is right on topic; however, last year my college girlfriend's daughter asked my son to her prom.
March 27, 201412 yr This thread reminds me of Varsity Blues...."Mrs. Davis, will you go to prom with me?" :lol2: "I give it a ten! Ten!"
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.