Covington Catholic/Scott County predictions

Covington Catholic vs. Scott County (State Championship Game)  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Scott County (State Championship Game)

• Covington Catholic (32-2)
    • Scott County (35-3)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilbert set a Sweet 16 record by converting 28 FTs in a row.

Shooting 92% on the year from the FT line.

1006 points in 38 games this season.

Shooting 52% from 3 in the Sweet 16.

Ole Miss called is showing interest.

I went with Scott County to win it in the BGP contest, but honestly, after I saw Trinity I didn't think anyone would beat the Rocks. I wasn't overly impressed with SC until tonight's game. Gilbert would not be denied & he has been the tournament's best player.

Ruthsatz has been the tournament's second top player & he has the better supporting cast IMO.

It's a tough call, but I'll stick with my original thought: Scott County wins. By about 4.

I agree with this ^

If you are really a KY HS Basketball stat geek like me you can pick up the KY HS BB Encyclopedia 1916-2013 at Joseph Beth Booksellers. It has every team, record, district results every yr, regional, player records and stats. It's like $40 but a ton of cool info.

Looks like a great source information. They are selling it at Rupp during the Sweet 16 out front. I thumbed through it and caught a mistake on the first page I looked at . They had old Tyner High School in Jackson County as the Tyner Owls. The only high school team in Kentucky that I'm aware of that has ever had 'Owls' for a mascot name is my school, Owsley County. Tyner High was the Cardinals. They consolidated with the McKee Bulldogs in 1966 to create Jackson County High.

I'm going to buy the book. They've done a massive amount of research. On the page I looked at they just got their birds confused. That wouldn't be difficult to do, lol.

If you are really a KY HS Basketball stat geek like me you can pick up the KY HS BB Encyclopedia 1916-2013 at Joseph Beth Booksellers. It has every team, record, district results every yr, regional, player records and stats. It's like $40 but a ton of cool info.

Do they sell it online or do you have to go to the store?