All A revisit!

You know in NKY they have the DI, DII, and DIII NKAC champs every year. Some schools don't really care or acknowledge the conference games much but some do put emphasis on it and hang banners when they win it. I guess we should stop that because they all get a chance to compete for a District and Region championship.

That's funny. I coach softball and we apparently won the "conference" last year in DII. I had no idea that the conference still even existed until they sent me an email telling me we won it.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who do you think is going to foot the bill if only these really small teams are involved. You seem to forget this is a self sustaining tourney dollar wise. You have to have a decent number of teams (120) to make enough money to cover the expenses. Believe me the people running this tourney know more about runnning this thing and making it a success than anyone in the state.

Then just invite the good teams and call it what it is. A showcase of the best A schools. Don't give out banners and get rings and call it a state tournament and an opportunity for the little guys.

And some of you bring up an interesting point...So are we saying we'll take as much money as possible from the real little guys in order to support the 30% that actually have a chance to have any success in this tournament. We need all the rest of the small schools to finance the hightlighting of the the showcase schools?

You are EXACTLY right on this statement. I mentioned this fact to a member of the All A tourney recently and told him the KHSAA should thank them. If this tourney didn't exist I guarantee there would have been multiple lawsuits for classification by now. If you think not, ask anyone who is really in the know.

I agree with this 100% as well. But the problem is, there is even more descimination with this tournament. But they allow this one to keep the small schools quiet. That's a problem.

RCC9 .. you have some decent insight on a lot of basketball issues.

But on this topic, each time you express your opinion, you lose more and more credibility. Your constant whining is akin to fingernails on a chalkboard. It's painful.

For the sake of everyone who enjoys this forum ..

JUST ... PLEASE ... STOP!!! Again, STOP! It's a useless, futile argument.

That's your opinion...I get many PMs and emails that say different. They just won't talk about the precious All A online. 95% of the people defending it are from the successful All A teams. Because they know that it's a great experience for their kids. But that's it. Heck, some of the emails I get are from parents of all A kids.

And guess what...You know what the beautiful thing is about this forum? If you don't want to read it, you don't have to open it! If it's so horrible for your eyes, quit reading!

Then just invite the good teams and call it what it is. A showcase of the best A schools. Don't give out banners and get rings and call it a state tournament and an opportunity for the little guys.

And some of you bring up an interesting point...So are we saying we'll take as much money as possible from the real little guys in order to support the 30% that actually have a chance to have any success in this tournament. We need all the rest of the small schools to finance the hightlighting of the the showcase schools?

Actually they could probably make more money (if that was the desire) by excluding "the real little guys" but why should they be excluded if they want to play? And maybe every so often each one of the "the real little guys" has a chance to do some damage in their Region and maybe even win it.

That's funny. I coach softball and we apparently won the "conference" last year in DII. I had no idea that the conference still even existed until they sent me an email telling me we won it.

I can see it now....

Welcome to Winkler Field, home of the 2013 NKAC Division II Conference Champs :lol:

RCC - so of there are no 2nd chances in life, technically your daughter shouldn't have been playing in the regional tournament this year, correct? Highlands was district runner-up. Post season. Loser go home.

You say that in jest, but I would actually be fine with that. So yes, I agree. The district champion should move on and I actually discussed that with someone in an email. The district championship is a meaningless game. I don't suggest it, because it would never happen. But if it were up for vote, I'd vote to send the winners. They won! Apparently you don't get on the football board where we debate that too many teams pass on to the playoffs in football. I'm against that too. So I know that you are trying to prove a point, but that one actually backfired. I would expect her to earn every opportunity she gets...and so would she.

You say that in jest, but I would actually be fine with that. So yes, I agree. The district champion should move on and I actually discussed that with someone in an email. The district championship is a meaningless game. I don't suggest it, because it would never happen. But if it were up for vote, I'd vote to send the winners. They won! Apparently you don't get on the football board where we debate that too many teams pass on to the playoffs in football. I'm against that too. So I know that you are trying to prove a point, but that one actually backfired. I would expect her to earn every opportunity she gets...and so would she.

I hope you never get a 2nd chance at anything or someone's gives you something for no reason

With that being said, you think NewCath and Brossart should have to choose between the All "A" and post season. If Highlands was doing the right thing then, why didn't they forfeit their right to go to the regional tournament? Or let me rephrase the question since you're not the coach. Why didn't you teach your daughter there are no 2nd chances and not have her play? Let me ask another. If your softball team should happen to be district runner-up this season, I don't expect to see them on the regional tournament then, correct?

Here's one more question for you. Why did you allow your softball team to play in the regional tournament last year when you lost to NewCath in the district finals 2-1? If you're the coach and you are doing the right thing, what a great opportunity to teach them there are NO 2nd CHANCES IN LIFE. I suppose you're not an organ donor either, are you?