All A revisit!

With that being said, you think NewCath and Brossart should have to choose between the All "A" and post season. If Highlands was doing the right thing then, why didn't they forfeit their right to go to the regional tournament? Or let me rephrase the question since you're not the coach. Why didn't you teach your daughter there are no 2nd chances and not have her play? Let me ask another. If your softball team should happen to be district runner-up this season, I don't expect to see them on the regional tournament then, correct?

You're being silly now. The current rules say they allow for two teams to pass thru. I don't make the rules, so yes, we would go thru and so would anyone else. That doesn't mean that I agree with it or the philosophy. But it's the rules. If they were to change them to only the winner, I would have absolutely no issue with it at all.

But I'm not saying people don't deserve a second chance, I'm saying in sports, winners should advance.

And in life, making up opportunities for things that are too hard doesn't work either.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but your reasonings for All A and districts is "wow! Really???"

That your opinion. I'm old school. Sorry. If there is supposed to be one state champ in bball then there should be one. If winners should advance in post season, then I would be fine with them changing the rule. Should we also make the college bball tournament two and out now? Why don't we make the sweet 16 two and out as well. They all deserve a second chance right?

That your opinion. I'm old school. Sorry. If there is supposed to be one state champ in bball then there should be one. If winners should advance in post season, then I would be fine with them changing the rule. Should we also make the college bball tournament two and out now? Why don't we make the sweet 16 two and out as well. They all deserve a second chance right?

I'm old school as well. Love the sweet 16 but chances in some regions for small schools to make it are slim. The All A has become even bigger with all the consolidations that have taken place.

KHSAA postseason is somewhat a 2 in out if you lose in the district finals.

You would absolutely hate the way TN does their postseason.

Here's one more question for you. Why did you allow your softball team to play in the regional tournament last year when you lost to NewCath in the district finals 2-1? If you're the coach and you are doing the right thing, what a great opportunity to teach them there are NO 2nd CHANCES IN LIFE. I suppose you're not an organ donor either, are you?

Where is the "right thing" coming from. The KHSAA rules say the top two advance. So I feel like I was following the rules...hence "doing the right thing". My point is if the rules stated only one goes, I would tell my girls good game and we need to work harder next year. If you know me, you know that's exactly what I would do.

There is a difference between 2nd chances in life, playing by existing rules, and competing for the top spot in any competition. Life or sports.

Then why should NewCath and Brossart (and Holy Cross a few years ago, and St Henry prior to that) have to choose between the All A and post season? Your argument holds no water. You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

First, Not sure what you're referring to. Second, Did I say they should have to choose?

I'm old school as well. Love the sweet 16 but chances in some regions for small schools to make it are slim. The All A has become even bigger with all the consolidations that have taken place.

KHSAA postseason is somewhat a 2 in out if you lose in the district finals.

You would absolutely hate the way TN does their postseason.

The chances for many schools are slim to make it out of certain regions. But it sure didn't seem like it was too tough this year. Half of the regions had A winners or runner ups. I don't call that slim. And are you saying the schools that dominate the all A in NKY all have a slim chance of making the state. NCC was number one in the region all year. Brossart was one of if not the favorite in their region. Holy Cross will be the preseason number one next year in the 9th. Where does the slim chance come from. I agree, it's with the other schools whose chance in the all A is just as slim as the regular regional tournament. The same teams almost always win the all A region. The same teams that win the all A regionals all can compete (just as well as the much larger schools) in the regular region. Why do they need another opportunity???

The chances for many schools are slim to make it out of certain regions. But it sure didn't seem like it was too tough this year. Half of the regions had A winners or runner ups. I don't call that slim. And are you saying the schools that dominate the all A in NKY all have a slim chance of making the state. NCC was number one in the region all year. Brossart was one of if not the favorite in their region. Holy Cross will be the preseason number one next year in the 9th. Where does the slim chance come from. I agree, it's with the other schools whose chance in the all A is just as slim as the regular regional tournament. The same teams almost always win the all A region. The same teams that win the all A regionals all can compete (just as well as the much larger schools) in the regular region. Why do they need another opportunity???

It is not always the case every year. A lot different on the boys side as well.

It is not always the case every year. A lot different on the boys side as well.

It's hard for anyone to make it, regardless of size. It's supposed to be! It's the state championship tournament!!! One winner.

Here's the thing...if you don't know football, don't comment. If you don't know soccer, don't comment. If you don't know hockey, don't comment. RCC, you don't know the All "A" so quit commenting. You probably have never been there. All you're concerned about is eliminating experiences for other kids bc your kids can't take part in those experiences. Why do you care what other kids do? It's harmless. If 120 schools want to compete in a regional and state tournament and possibly win and get state rings, why are you so jealous? You had the opportunity to send your children there when you chose to go out of district in your school of choice, but you didn't. You chose Highlands. Fine. No different than my children could have gone to Highlands, but I chose to pay tuition and send them elsewhere. Doesn't make me jealous of Highlands and try to make light of their opportunities.

So two state champs?

Yes.

Seems to be no problem having 6 football state champions. Multiple winners in track and field, cross country.

I don't see a problem having a tournament for the smaller schools in the sports that are not classified.

You're being silly now. The current rules say they allow for two teams to pass thru. I don't make the rules, so yes, we would go thru and so would anyone else. That doesn't mean that I agree with it or the philosophy. But it's the rules. If they were to change them to only the winner, I would have absolutely no issue with it at all.

But I'm not saying people don't deserve a second chance, I'm saying in sports, winners should advance.

And in life, making up opportunities for things that are too hard doesn't work either.

And with the current rules, "A" schools can participate in their tournament and post season. Don't be talking out of both sides of your mouth. You are getting quite annoying and really showing your back side. Are you telling us that you have never been given another opportunity in your "real life"? We all have, opportunities arise quite often and to be successful, you make the most of them. I bet you even told your players who were runner-up, "we get another chance". But based on your "only the strong survive" philosophy, you should have told them, "we are not worthy of playing in the regional because we are losers".

Yes.

Seems to be no problem having 6 football state champions. Multiple winners in track and field, cross country.

I don't see a problem having a tournament for the smaller schools in the sports that are not classified.

So then why not have classes in all sports? Then no one can argue it's not fair, right?