All A revisit!

Jealous???? I could very easily send my kid to the school that wins it all the time up here. I choose not to. Heck, I pay tuition to send them to their arch rival! Yea, the bigger school that they beat all the time but say they can't compete with. Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with my argument. Maybe you haven't read all my posts.

I'll sum it up for you. If it's really just another tournment, then treat it like just another tournament. If it really is a state championship like all the rings, banners and signs say it is, lets go to classification. We all know why its there and why it's formatted exactly the way it is. To make sure the smaller schools don't complain enough about the sweet 16 format that bball has to move to classifications. They let them use the "classic" title and argue that "it's just another tournament". Really??? Do you really believe that it's "just another tournament".

Again, we won the Conner Christmas invitational just two years ago, I'm sure the banners are being printed, the rings are ordered and we are now proclaimed "State Champs"! Heck, I had no idea!!!

What drives me crazy is the hypocracy of the people that support it. When it's challenged as a way to allow for certain levels of classification, the arguement is that it's just another tournament. However, when a team wins it, they are perceived by all as the A state champ. Yes or no?? So I ask you, do we have two state champs every year? Yes or no? Because I can show you all kinds of rings, banners and signs that proclain they are state champs and when I look up the year, they aren't listed as the state champ. That's weird!

Then the biggest hypocracy of it all..."this tournament provides opportunities for the small schools that otherwise wouldn't get a chance to experience success and events like this". Reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyy?????? What a joke that is. It's for the little schools that can't compete. :no:

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I just say call it what it is and don't make more out of it...if it is "just another tournament", then you're not a state champion. You won a "classic". Saying you're a state champ takes away from the teams that really earned a state championship. Which not many teams can say they have done.

You are beating a dead horse. Can't you see no one else on here agrees with you. When you are the only beating your drum maybe you are the one out of step. Wake up.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that public schools can just take off any day they want as long as they make it up? I may be wrong, but I thought there were specific reasons a school could cancel learning time. I know I can't just take my softball team to play a game in Western KY and miss a day of school for some non-KHSAA sanctioned event. Maybe I can and maybe each district has a criteria that allows for this. But that would again add to the fact that this is NOT "just another tournament". Heck, maybe I will start scheduling tournaments during the week...if it's that easy to get off school for just any ole tournament! The girls would love me!!!

Very simple. It is up to each school district.

You are beating a dead horse. Can't you see no one else on here agrees with you. When you are the only beating your drum maybe you are the one out of step. Wake up.

Sorry, but here is where you are wrong. The majority of the folks on here debating this are A supporters defending the tournament. Of course it's going to appear that "i'm the only one" that thinks this way. I talk to many people that agree with my thoughts. In person, texts and in emails. Heck, I even have more than a few that read it all and send me "material" to post as part of the argument! They just don't care enough to post about it themselves. But they still have very similar feelings about it. Heck, even some of the people I talk to have kids that attend or attended the A schools. They obviously like the tournaments, but can't believe it gets away with that format without more complaints today! Everyone just kinda lets it go. Don't make any waves!

So we are all okay with two state champs in all these non-classification sports? And only two? I know what the answer is from the A supporters, how about someone else answer that. Are we okay with two state champions? So we segment out the A from everyone else (regardless of size) and provide them with their own state championship. Then have a second state championship with all the other teams, plus the A teams (again), to battle it out. So essentially, a team could have two state championships in one year? Boy that's weird. Boy their hands would be full of rings!

Very simple. It is up to each school district.

So there are no state rules or criteria for "why" you're allowed to miss learning time? I find that hard to believe. I could see for mass sickness in a district, weather, KHSAA events, facility issues, etc. But a "classic"? I just don't see that being on a state approved list. It must be because they pull it off! And if it truly is up to the district, then that shows what kind of emphasis is put on this "classic invitational". I have to start scheduling tournaments during the week days! Anyone want to play a round robin tomorrow??

I'm sorry, just being funny!!!

So there are no state rules or criteria for "why" you're allowed to miss learning time? I find that hard to believe. I could see for mass sickness in a district, weather, KHSAA events, facility issues, etc. But a "classic"? I just don't see that being on a state approved list. It must be because they pull it off! And if it truly is up to the district, then that shows what kind of emphasis is put on this "classic invitational". I have to start scheduling tournaments during the week days! Anyone want to play a round robin tomorrow??

CovCath was given a day off of school by the Bishop for winning the Sweet 16.

Is that a KHSAA event?

And do private schools have different allowance and choices when it come to allowable days off? Do they have the same guidelines as public schools? I really don't know.

Pretty sure schools can call of classes for any reason, the state only mandates how many days of learning there are. If they want to shut down for all of April for Softball they can, just have to make those days up somewhere. Supt and Board decide school calendar and they can amend it any time they see fit.

Jealous???? I could very easily send my kid to the school that wins it all the time up here. I choose not to. Heck, I pay tuition to send them to their arch rival! Yea, the bigger school that they beat all the time but say they can't compete with. Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with my argument. Maybe you haven't read all my posts.

I'll sum it up for you. If it's really just another tournment, then treat it like just another tournament. If it really is a state championship like all the rings, banners and signs say it is, lets go to classification. We all know why its there and why it's formatted exactly the way it is. To make sure the smaller schools don't complain enough about the sweet 16 format that bball has to move to classifications. They let them use the "classic" title and argue that "it's just another tournament". Really??? Do you really believe that it's "just another tournament".

Again, we won the Conner Christmas invitational just two years ago, I'm sure the banners are being printed, the rings are ordered and we are now proclaimed "State Champs"! Heck, I had no idea!!!

What drives me crazy is the hypocracy of the people that support it. When it's challenged as a way to allow for certain levels of classification, the arguement is that it's just another tournament. However, when a team wins it, they are perceived by all as the A state champ. Yes or no?? So I ask you, do we have two state champs every year? Yes or no? Because I can show you all kinds of rings, banners and signs that proclain they are state champs and when I look up the year, they aren't listed as the state champ. That's weird!

Then the biggest hypocracy of it all..."this tournament provides opportunities for the small schools that otherwise wouldn't get a chance to experience success and events like this". Reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyy?????? What a joke that is. It's for the little schools that can't compete. :no:

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I just say call it what it is and don't make more out of it...if it is "just another tournament", then you're not a state champion. You won a "classic". Saying you're a state champ takes away from the teams that really earned a state championship. Which not many teams can say they have done.

LOVE this!!

No need to be sorry, what you're saying is true!!

One time at the All-A Lexington Christian brought the entire school to see the Girls team play around 11 AM. Starting filing in about 15 minutes before tip off from buses. All sat in the same area and watched the game. When game was over they all filed out and got back on buses. What a nice field trip.