Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard/Trinity predictions (7th Region Championship)

Who wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Ballard
      75%
      27
    • Trinity
      25%
      9

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected. I'm pulling for Ballard(sorry Getslow). Hoping to see them at Rupp again.

As much as I despise T. I want to see Ballard lose.

If Trinity plays like they did the first 3 quarters against Manual, Ballard will have no trouble at all.

How many coaches are required to coach Ballard? I counted EIGHT today. Eight coaches and twelve players.

How many coaches are required to coach Ballard? I counted EIGHT today. Eight coaches and twelve players.

 

Not uncommon anymore. I bet CCH/NCC combined for about 13 or 14 today.

On Trinity's website they list 6 assistant coaches, 1 strength coach, and Coach Szabo. What happened to the two African American gentlemen that were on Trinity's staff last year?

It's hard to beat a good team three times in one season, but I think Ballard is just too good.

Not uncommon anymore. I bet CCH/NCC combined for about 13 or 14 today.

 

Seems like overkill to me but I come from the days of one head coach and one assistant.

I'd imagine that 2 frosh coaches and 2 JV coaches are among that number.

I think the same question could be asked of Trinity & St. X football...how many coaches do you need?

Very excited about this one. We haven't seen a matchup yet with these two teams at full strength. I expect this to be physical, grinding and extremely close.

 

If forced to pick, then Ballard is superior on paper. Snider and Martin stretch defenses like crazy, which is a real problem given that the other three guys they'll put on the floor can put up points and cause problems.

 

That said, Szabo's system is seemingly designed to frustrate Ballard. With Ray Spalding patrolling near the rim plus a fairly deep bench he can use to keep trotting out fresh defenders, no points are going to come easy.

T needs to get a good game out of Ivory and Owens to have a chance. To be honest, T needs to get a good game out of everyone to have a chance. Ballard has more talent but that doesn't always produce the winner. I'm really looking forward to it. Someone said Ivory had a bad back versus Manual. Anyone heard anything about this?

This game should be fun. I agree that no points will come easy. When PRP beat Ballard in the LIT final, Snider was something like 0-12 on three-point shooting. While a similar performance likely would fatal to Ballard, its hard to believe he will have another night like that. Perhaps the key will be whether Jax Levitch can provide some outside offense for Trinity. In the end, I suspect it will come down to what close games often come down to - turnovers and free throw shooting. And with high school teams, even two really, really good high school teams, who knows which team those factors will favor.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.