Boyle County looking for game for 2014

Rebel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boyle just completed the last game of their contract with Highlands last year. What do you mean they won't play them? Is there some unwritten rule that you must play Highlands if they or some of their misguided fans think you should. I think it would be silly to play a team in the regular season that you might meet later in the playoffs anyway. Maybe you will get your wish in late November.

I think Boyle just completed the last game of their contract with Highlands last year. What do you mean they won't play them? Is there some unwritten rule that you must play Highlands if they or some of their misguided fans think you should. I think it would be silly to play a team in the regular season that you might meet later in the playoffs anyway. Maybe you will get your wish in late November.

Free long distance and I think Elder has a 513 area code, good luck.

Cin Elder is looking for a game.

Just stating a fact (they may not have same dates available). Not trying to start any animosity. Lets see Bowling Green---Elder---Bowling Green----Elder. Heads Bowling Green---Tails Elder. Wow the coin landed on its edge.

I could see Highlands and Boyle County playing again at some point. But would it happen if the Rebels drop to 3A. The Danville media doesn't see it happening.

If you are going to play some of cincy's finest why not play the ones who play where they live......at Elder.... Sorry cupcake, I couldn't pass on the chance to throw a shot at south cincy. And yes, I could see them renewing a great series in coming years. But probably not immediate. Don't trust LV. He usually just speculates with not a lot of facts.

Just stating a fact (they may not have same dates available). Not trying to start any animosity. Lets see Bowling Green---Elder---Bowling Green----Elder. Heads Bowling Green---Tails Elder. Wow the coin landed on its edge.

No disrespect to Boyle or BG, but Elder is a tough game for any opponent. The only coin flip would be at the pregame among captains to see who gets the ball first. IMO

Cov-Cath plays Moeller, another team from the Cinti. area, they will have their hands full, but I like the Blue Boys from Park Hills. Another coin flip, same results.

Boyle and Highlands have had some great games in the past, can't wait for Nov. Hope to see the Rebels there. :thumb:

Boyle bought out their last game with HHS and did not play them last year.

No disrespect to Boyle or BG, but Elder is a tough game for any opponent. The only coin flip would be at the pregame among captains to see who gets the ball first. IMO

Cov-Cath plays Moeller, another team from the Cinti. area, they will have their hands full, but I like the Blue Boys from Park Hills. Another coin flip, same results.

Boyle and Highlands have had some great games in the past, can't wait for Nov. Hope to see the Rebels there. :thumb:

Just to make sure I am reading this right ... you are saying Cov Cath will beat Moeller in 2014? Coin flip game? That is a lot of points to make up considering Moeller beat CCH 45-7 last year.

Sorry, I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I couldn't let that post go by without commenting.

Boyle played Highlands in 2012 the first game of the season at Highlands. This was the second year of a 2 year contract. They played at Boyle in 2011.

Just depends on what people want to believe on how the events came about. Boyle was going to play Highlands and then changed their minds and didn't renew the contract. Either way it didn't look good on Boyle County's part.

Boyle played Highlands in 2012 the first game of the season at Highlands. This was the second year of a 2 year contract. They played at Boyle in 2011.

I was referring to a schedule set up that followed in 2013 but Boyle backed away from the agreement at the end of 2012. I think the discussion begins on this page.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/highlands-schedule-2013-a-241771-page8.html

No contract was ever signed for 2013. Boyle started their own Stuart Powell Bowl at that time and had the opportunity to play in Lincoln's Death Valley Bowl. This made much more sense for them, fans and everyone involved. I thought it was a great decision and have never heard a fan complain about this choice. Let Highlands worry about filling their own schedule and Boyle will do the same.

Edited by Country
spelling