Boyle County looking for game for 2014

Rebel

No contract was ever signed for 2013. Boyle started their own Stuart Powell Bowl at that time and had the opportunity to play in Lincoln's Death Valley Bowl. This made much more sense for them, fans and everyone involved. I thought it was a great decision and have never heard a fan complain about this choice. Let Highlands worry about filling their own schedule and Boyle will do the same.

I did. It made us look like cowards. Plain and simple. There was a verbal agreement in place and we decided not to honor the verbal agreement. No contract was signed but verbal agreement are made yearly before actual contracts are signed. That's nothing new. If Boyle had no intentions of playing Highlands in 2013/2014 then there never would have been a need to back out of the game as it was mentioned in December 2012.

It is what it is.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sure I am reading this right ... you are saying Cov Cath will beat Moeller in 2014? Coin flip game? That is a lot of points to make up considering Moeller beat CCH 45-7 last year.

Sorry, I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I couldn't let that post go by without commenting.

Your right, my post is misleading.

When I said that I liked CCH, I just meant that I was rooting for them.

I do not think Cov-Cath will beat Moeller. I'm always rooting for the KY teams against Ohio teams. Cov Cath has a nice program but I don't think they have the horses to run with the Ohio Champs from last year. I give tons of credit and respect to CCH for even putting Moe on their schedule.

If Boyle looks like coward then so does Bowling Green, Whitley etc. Probably 1 boy out hundreds of thousands will make a living at this stuff. I would say that no young man on Boyles team, BGs or Whitleys is a coward. We take this way too far. Highlands got beat in the finals, yea Collins showed up they were not cowards even though most of the year we were told this is the best hhs team ever. The boys on the field are not afraid the schedule is what it has to be , just make it to Wku in December that is the best option,

I did. It made us look like cowards. Plain and simple. There was a verbal agreement in place and we decided not to honor the verbal agreement. No contract was signed but verbal agreement are made yearly before actual contracts are signed. That's nothing new. If Boyle had no intentions of playing Highlands in 2013/2014 then there never would have been a need to back out of the game as it was mentioned in December 2012.

It is what it is.

So Chris Lamonds and Larry French told you personally they had a verbal with Highlands and backed out on them. I was told midway thru the 2012 season that Boyle wouldn't renew with Highlands because of financial reasons the series was not profitable enough.

So Chris Lamonds and Larry French told you personally they had a verbal with Highlands and backed out on them. I was told midway thru the 2012 season that Boyle wouldn't renew with Highlands because of financial reasons the series was not profitable enough.

They said it publicly. Why would they have to tell me personally?

If Boyle looks like coward then so does Bowling Green, Whitley etc. Probably 1 boy out hundreds of thousands will make a living at this stuff. I would say that no young man on Boyles team, BGs or Whitleys is a coward. We take this way too far. Highlands got beat in the finals, yea Collins showed up they were not cowards even though most of the year we were told this is the best hhs team ever. The boys on the field are not afraid the schedule is what it has to be , just make it to Wku in December that is the best option,

Nobody called the players cowards. The players have no say in the schedule. Relax.

You cant say boyle looks lik a coward and then defend bowling green like you have.

Yes I can. I'll paraphrase myself from memory.

PP92 on BG/Blackman:

"It's not a good look to buyout the contract but there is no team I would rather see that happen to than Blackman."

PP92 on BG/Trinity:

"They chose not to renew with Trinity and replaced them with St. Xavier. That's bad because why?"

Boyle replaced Highlands with Lincoln County.

Just saying.

You can sugarcoat it all you want. We couldn't even make it to Highlands in the playoffs so looks like that decision paid off. At least BG still won state.

They said it publicly. Why would they have to tell me personally?

That's funny I guess I missed that news paper article or press conference where they publicly admitted they were afraid of Highlands. I work for the school system, and I was told with in two weeks after the Boyle Highlands game the series wouldn't be renewed because of financial reasons.

That's funny I guess I missed that news paper article or press conference where they publicly admitted they were afraid of Highlands. I work for the school system, and I was told with in two weeks after the Boyle Highlands game the series wouldn't be renewed because of financial reasons.

And you waited until December to announce it? Two weeks after the game means Boyle knew in early September at the latest that they weren't playing Highlands yet Boyle waited until December to tell Highlands. Intriguing.

Some of you need to step back a little. I'm a former player and alum of the school but like Purple, remember when it was announced in December that Boyle would not sign a deal with HHS.

Whether a contract or not, Boyle stepped back from playing HHS for a lesser team at the moment. Same thing happened in the early 90's when Boyle stopped playing Lincoln County because the Patriots were at their apex of program performance and Boyle was rebuilding.

It is what it is. No need to be hostile over it.