February 22, 201412 yr Glad Young was trying to put it on his shoulders but he almost lost the game. First he got bailed out by the refs, then on the final play he tries to go 1-4 and luckily Julius was right spot right time. Sometimes you need someone to step up but I don't think Young passed it a single time in OT. They won this game but can't get through the tourney playing 1-5 when it gets into the clutch, and that goes for everybody not just Young.
February 22, 201412 yr I'm glad they got the win. That said, getting lucky by Randall laying in a loose ball after a poor last shot by Young makes me feel absolutely no better about this team making a deep run in the tourney. Exactly how I feel.
February 22, 201412 yr The refs had no bearing on this game, just ask Clyde Didn't see much of the game so I can't answer that one definitively like I did re: your "fanboy" Cal lost the game by giving the other team 2 points with SEVEN MINUTES left in the game post. However, I am impressed you can carry a stiffy for me as long as you have thus far. I'm touched.
February 22, 201412 yr :ohbrother: WHEW !! I don't know whether to start on the Harrison's inability to play defense or Julius Randle making the plays on both ends of the floor to win this thing ! I'll avoid the first comment bc I don't think that #2 or #5 will ever play defense. Thank You Julius ! Randle making the huge defensive stops when we absolutely HAD to Have them won this basketball game. Without those stops this game doesn't go down to the last possession. Then, after yet another No Call when Young was tripped driving the lane on the last possession Randle makes the play to get the tip / put back to Win the game. U.K. couldn't buy an outside shot tonight but this team did what it had to do to win...rebound the basketball and play tough. Yes, there were plenty of lapses, especially on defense but this team stepped up and Refused to Lose ! I will also say that although I haven't seen all of their games, this one was probably their best played game of the season. LSU came in and played to win, deserve mention. The Tigers played a helluva game, Higgins was again poison to U.K.. Hopefully a Win like this and how they battled, refused to quit will set this U.K. team off on a run ! GO BIG BLUE !!!
February 22, 201412 yr :ohbrother: WHEW !! I don't know whether to start on the Harrison's inability to play defense or Julius Randle making the plays on both ends of the floor to win this thing ! I'll avoid the first comment bc I don't think that #2 or #5 will ever play defense. Thank You Julius ! Randle making the huge defensive stops when we absolutely HAD to Have them won this basketball game. Without those stops this game doesn't go down to the last possession. Then, after yet another No Call when Young was tripped driving the lane on the last possession Randle makes the play to get the tip / put back to Win the game. U.K. couldn't buy an outside shot tonight but this team did what it had to do to win...rebound the basketball and play tough. Yes, there were plenty of lapses, especially on defense but this team stepped up and Refused to Lose ! I will also say that although I haven't seen all of their games, this one was probably their best played game of the season. LSU came in and played to win, deserve mention. The Tigers played a helluva game, Higgins was again poison to U.K.. Hopefully a Win like this and how they battled, refused to quit will set this U.K. team off on a run ! GO BIG BLUE !!! What I loved about Julius today he did what Cal has said all season. If you are not scoring do other things to help you team. He made big plays when we needed them. How about Aaron almost getting knocked out and stepping to the line and sinking 2 FT"S. Then on the next play diving to the floor. Love their hustle and will to win today.
February 23, 201412 yr P.S. - What in the world is it going to take to get an SEC official to give Julius Randle a call down low ? Every time he touches the ball he has 2 or 3 people hanging on him. I usually don't say much about officiating but this has been ridiculous.............O.K., rant over.
February 23, 201412 yr P.S. - What in the world is it going to take to get an SEC official to give Julius Randle a call down low ? Every time he touches the ball he has 2 or 3 people hanging on him. I usually don't say much about officiating but this has been ridiculous.............O.K., rant over. Agree
February 23, 201412 yr What I loved about Julius today he did what Cal has said all season. If you are not scoring do other things to help you team. He made big plays when we needed them. How about Aaron almost getting knocked out and stepping to the line and sinking 2 FT"S. Then on the next play diving to the floor. Love their hustle and will to win today. :thumb::thumb: Exactly !
February 23, 201412 yr Lol at te refs giving UK the game. At one point in the second half it was 9 fouls to 2 in LSU's favor. Whatever. Cats grew today and it was awesome.
February 23, 201412 yr Lol at te refs giving UK the game. At one poit in the second half it was 9 fouls to 2 in LSU's favor. Whatever. Cats grew today and it was awesome. They got lucky on a loose ball on the final play. Their defense down the stretch was just awful. I'm not seeing the improvement in that phase of their game at all.
February 23, 201412 yr Didn't see much of the game so I can't answer that one definitively like I did re: your "fanboy" Cal lost the game by giving the other team 2 points with SEVEN MINUTES left in the game post. However' date=' I am impressed you can carry a stiffy for me as long as you have thus far. I'm touched.[/quote'] :lol:
February 23, 201412 yr They got lucky on a loose ball on the final play. Their defense down the stretch was just awful. I'm not seeing the improvement in that phase of their game at all. I'm more worried about team chemistry and effort than what they do in the game. As long as they keep improving in that area other areas will get better.
February 23, 201412 yr No chance they call anything in Randle's favor considering the war they let go down low all night.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.