Oldham County?

now that's just crazy. You have gotta have coaches roaming those hallways, right??

Doubtful he will be able to bring someone with him, as Oldham hires for teachers first and coaches... Let's just say this, I don't believe any HS in Oldham county has assistant coaches in the building. All paraprofessionals...

If he gets his coaches in the building, it would be a great accomplishment. Pay for the assistants is very good compared to surrounding counties I believe, the more years experience the better the pay. Generally assistants are paid an 8% to 12% stipend based on 1st year teacher and steps for years of experience (para pros), I believe a teacher/assistant coach in the building has to make a minimum of 10% based on their teacher pay.

now that's just crazy. You have gotta have coaches roaming those hallways, right??

Oldham County invented education...therefore it's only logical that they would consider hiring teachers only. :) Just kidding...it's a great school system and I am sure very difficult to get in since people don't usually leave.

that's not too bad for a HS assistant coach

If he gets his coaches in the building, it would be a great accomplishment. Pay for the assistants is very good compared to surrounding counties I believe, the more years experience the better the pay. Generally assistants are paid an 8% to 12% stipend based on 1st year teacher and steps for years of experience (para pros), I believe a teacher/assistant coach in the building has to make a minimum of 10% based on their teacher pay.