Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County?

Featured Replies

Be interested to know as well. The entire search process was pretty hush hush. Had a reliable source tell me they tried hire a familiar face but something fell apart late. Heard good things about their new HC though.

  • Author

so what have you heard about him? and what about assistants/coordinators?

Who was the familiar face?

  • Author

so who is the new guy looking at to bring in to join him? Isn't he from Alabama?

 

 

 

Let's just say he had stalked the sideline there before.
Let's just say he had stalked the sideline there before.

 

Im going to go out on a limb and say Mike Jackson (former HC there) or Billy Martin (former assistant-although with the rivalry with NO and OC I think that would be a stretch).

I have heard nothing but good things about the guy they have hired. I'm not sure on his amount of experience. Does anyone know his resume?

  • Author

all I know is that he is from Alabama. Wonder if he is looking to bring any assts with him or keeping all of those already on staff intact?

Doubtful he will be able to bring someone with him, as Oldham hires for teachers first and coaches... Let's just say this, I don't believe any HS in Oldham county has assistant coaches in the building. All paraprofessionals...

  • Author

now that's just crazy. You have gotta have coaches roaming those hallways, right??

 

Doubtful he will be able to bring someone with him, as Oldham hires for teachers first and coaches... Let's just say this, I don't believe any HS in Oldham county has assistant coaches in the building. All paraprofessionals...

If he gets his coaches in the building, it would be a great accomplishment. Pay for the assistants is very good compared to surrounding counties I believe, the more years experience the better the pay. Generally assistants are paid an 8% to 12% stipend based on 1st year teacher and steps for years of experience (para pros), I believe a teacher/assistant coach in the building has to make a minimum of 10% based on their teacher pay.

now that's just crazy. You have gotta have coaches roaming those hallways, right??

 

Oldham County invented education...therefore it's only logical that they would consider hiring teachers only. :) Just kidding...it's a great school system and I am sure very difficult to get in since people don't usually leave.

  • Author

that's not too bad for a HS assistant coach

 

 

 

If he gets his coaches in the building, it would be a great accomplishment. Pay for the assistants is very good compared to surrounding counties I believe, the more years experience the better the pay. Generally assistants are paid an 8% to 12% stipend based on 1st year teacher and steps for years of experience (para pros), I believe a teacher/assistant coach in the building has to make a minimum of 10% based on their teacher pay.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.