Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Macklemore Grammy performance

Featured Replies

I didn't watch the Grammys on Sunday but a coworker of mine told me to look at Macklemores performance. I can't stand Macklemore, his advocacy for Gay marriage is so in your face that turns me off. He is so one sided about this and acts like it's his way or the highway, and just as bad as people at the other end of the spectrum who are close minded and can't fathom homosexuals being married. He doesn't want people to have their own opinion.

Now in saying that, I have a ton of respect for what he and Queen Latifa did at the Grammys. Bringing couples of all race and sexuality and marrying them at the Grammy's. Such a powerful performance that I have to share it. Madonna ruins it at the end but that besides the point.

 

 

[video=youtube_share;CUM6JKkcYH4]http://youtu.be/CUM6JKkcYH4

 

There is some sensitive language in it so be warned.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have me confused. You can't stand him for his stance yet you have a ton of respect for what he did to further that stance???

 

And I agree on Madonna, bad performance, voted worst dressed by the Joan Rivers E show, and hold cow did her plastic surgeon butcher her eyes...

I can't handle all his hand gestures in his performance. The song is much better with just the audio.

So it sounds like, Loogy, that you like people that don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

As far as the performance goes I was really glad to see Trombone Shorty .

I'm honestly shocked that this thread wasn't started until today. As I was watching the performance, I was wondering when it'd spark a conversation on BGP.

 

I've got no problem with the message or the performance in general. I don't care for the song or any of Macklemore's music that I've heard, though.

 

But he's a Seahawks fan, so go Macklemore.

I don't like Macklemore because he spent all of 2013 robbing much better hip hop and rap artists of music awards. Hate him. He sucks.

  • Author
So it sounds like, Loogy, that you like people that don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

 

I don't like closed minded people. He trashes Christians and Catholics and blames them and IMO attacks the bible. I may not agree with some of the Bible but I don't denounce it.

I didn't know the Quaker Oats guy could sing.

I don't like closed minded people. He trashes Christians and Catholics and blames them and IMO attacks the bible. I may not agree with some of the Bible but I don't denounce it.

 

Not to mention he is a 9/11 truther.

I don't like Macklemore because he spent all of 2013 robbing much better hip hop and rap artists of music awards. Hate him. He sucks.

 

His music is just bad.

As I read that night on Twitter... you haven't really made it in America as a cultural group until you've been turned into a prop piece by the entertainment industry. Congratulations.

I wasn't impressed at all with him. IMO, he is a good business-guy though. Sees a market opportunity at the right time and panders to it...guarantee you there are some savvy producers right behind him.

Not to mention he is a 9/11 truther.

 

Based on?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.