Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Zimmer to Vikings

Featured Replies

Zimmer has no previous HC experience, right? What makes you think he was "the one" for the job?

 

@DanClasgens

 

In 53 years of football the #Vikings have never hired a head coach with previous NFL head coaching experience. The trend continues w/Zimmer.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he does well I've liked the Vikes since the Purple People Eater days.

Hope he does well I've liked the Vikes since the Purple People Eater days.

 

... or as I've heard before, since the days they were losing Super Bowls and not just NFC title games.

... or as I've heard before, since the days they were losing Super Bowls and not just NFC title games.

 

yep them and the Bills.

No one has any idea if Zimmer will be better or worse than Marvin. No other way to put it.

 

Hell, Gruden may be better than all of them and no one was pushing for him to replace Marvin.

So you only consider someone with HC experience?

 

Where did I say that?

 

In a perfect world, Marvin would move to the front office & Zimmer would've become the head coach.

Where did I say that?

 

In a perfect world, Marvin would move to the front office & Zimmer would've become the head coach.

"Zimmer has no previous HC experience, right? What makes you think he was "the one" for the job?"

 

You certainly pointed to the fact Zim has not been a HC, and then mentioned 3 with the same criteria that have failed.

Where did I say that?

 

In a perfect world, Marvin would move to the front office & Zimmer would've become the head coach.

So now you are saying that you would have liked Zim as Bengals HC?

Tallest of the Midgets? Yep we aim low as Bengals fans...

 

That's true but do you believe any top notch coach would accept a job to coach for Mike Brown?

So now you are saying that you would have liked Zim as Bengals HC?

 

I don't like Marvin as a head coach. I think he lacks game management skills. I think that he has earned Mike Brown's trust over personnel decisions, which is why I would keep him in the organization (to keep Brown's decisions as few & far between as possible).

 

I valued Zimmer, which is why I would have promoted him to HC to keep him in town, but I don't think the sky is falling because Zimmer left. His replacement, Guenther, is close to Zimmer & instills a lot of the same principles. The system isn't going to change, and all but one of the defensive starters are still under contract for next year. I think the Bengals D will be just fine without Zimmer.

Really?

Yes. Name me any other coach I. The league that doesn't have a winning record after 11 years with the same team and 0 playoff wins

 

 

 

So to answer your question. Really

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 15m

Bengals 27th in team defense in '07. Then Zimmer got DC job. Cincy since:

Year NFL Rank

2008 12

2009 4

2010 15

2011 7

2012 6

2013 3

Yes. Name me any other coach I. The league that doesn't have a winning record after 11 years with the same team and 0 playoff wins

 

 

 

So to answer your question. Really

 

I'm not even going to entertain that. That's about as ridiculous as it gets.

Understand you (hellbird) hate mike brown you hate gruden you hate Marvin.. You pretty much hate everybody and everybody sucks in your eyes. But saying Marvin is the worst coach in the league... Come on. Go be a Brown fan, or a Buccaneer fan, or god forbid a jaguar fan and let me know how bad it is here then.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.