January 15, 201412 yr Yes. Name me any other coach I. The league that doesn't have a winning record after 11 years with the same team and 0 playoff wins So to answer your question. Really Understand you (hellbird) hate mike brown you hate gruden you hate Marvin.. You pretty much hate everybody and everybody sucks in your eyes. But saying Marvin is the worst coach in the league... Come on. Go be a Brown fan, or a Buccaneer fan, or god forbid a jaguar fan and let me know how bad it is here then. I disagree with Hellbird on that he is the worst in the league, Hellbird has a tendency to be over dramatic on things he has said which has caused many of our debates lol. However I do agree with Hellbird that he should have been fired. Marvin is not the worst coach in the league, he is exactly what his overall record is and that is just average. However being just average in the NFL for 11 years and 0 playoff wins should have gotten you fired before you even get to year 11 and definitely should have been after this year. However it is not his fault that he has not gotten fired, its not like Marvin is going to fire himself. So just because he has been allowed to be the head coach longer than what he should have been doesn't make him the worst coach in the league. Just makes him the luckiest average coach ever to still keep a job after 11 years.
January 15, 201412 yr Congrats to Zimmer on the job and thank you for everything you did in this city and turning this franchise into a defensive team for the first time ever.
January 15, 201412 yr No one has any idea if Zimmer will be better or worse than Marvin. No other way to put it. Hell, Gruden may be better than all of them and no one was pushing for him to replace Marvin. Absolutely agree. Guys like Rex Ryan and even Marvin Lewis were great coordinator's that deserved the opportunity as well. I'm just saying I don't get the hatred towards the Bengals here. Great coordinator's don't always make the best head coaches. Really happy for Zimmer. He deserves it. Great coordinator, but I'm not necessarily sold he'll be a great HC. I know people say he's blunt, speaks his mind, etc., but if he was such a can't miss HC like many Bengals fans seem to think, don't you think he would've had a job long before now? :idunno: I agree that just because he is a great DC doesn't mean he will be a great or even good head coach. Marvin Lewis was more accomplished as a DC than hiim and well we know how most people feel about him. So hiring him as the head coach could have been better than Marvin or worst. I honestly feel like Jay Gruden will be the better head coach out of him and Zim even though most people hated Gruden. The best head coaching candidate IMO that was on the staff was Hue Jackson. Even though he was dumb in that trade for Palmer, he did make a bad Raiders team into an 8 and 8 team even though his starting QB got hurt, got a QB off the couch in Palmer, and then his star runningback getting hurt as soon as Palmer arrived.
January 15, 201412 yr Understand you (hellbird) hate mike brown you hate gruden you hate Marvin.. You pretty much hate everybody and everybody sucks in your eyes. But saying Marvin is the worst coach in the league... Come on. Go be a Brown fan, or a Buccaneer fan, or god forbid a jaguar fan and let me know how bad it is here then. I never said I hate Gruden. I deffinately never said I hate everybody. Yet I do know Marvin is the worst coach and I do know you couldn't answer the question I asked you so apparently I haven't been proven wrong. I rest my case.
January 15, 201412 yr Reds, you do understand all those teams you listed have more playoff wins than the bengals in the last 23 years don't you? Nice fail by you. Lol.
January 15, 201412 yr I never said I hate Gruden. I deffinately never said I hate everybody. Yet I do know Marvin is the worst coach and I do know you couldn't answer the question I asked you so apparently I haven't been proven wrong. I rest my case. You knowing Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL is proven how? As I said its not his fault an owner kept him for 11 years even though he hasn't won a playoff game. Marvin is an average head coach no more no less, and there are worst coaches. However it is definitely time and past time for Marvin to be gone here.
January 16, 201412 yr You knowing Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL is proven how? As I said its not his fault an owner kept him for 11 years even though he hasn't won a playoff game. Marvin is an average head coach no more no less, and there are worst coaches. However it is definitely time and past time for Marvin to be gone here. 11 years and still a non winning record. 11 years and 0 playoff wins Like I said, show me any current coach with as many losses or any current coach that is 0-5 in the post season. You can't. Why? Because there isn't anyone worse.
January 16, 201412 yr 11 years and still a non winning record. 11 years and 0 playoff wins Like I said, show me any current coach with as many losses or any current coach that is 0-5 in the post season. You can't. Why? Because there isn't anyone worse. He is actually 5 games above 500 in the regular season at 90-85-1 and then obviously 0-5 in the playoffs. So as I said he is exactly what his record is an average head coach. However average head coaches should have been fired before they even get to 11 years I admit. Still doesn't mean he is the worst in the league.
January 16, 201412 yr He is actually 5 games above 500 in the regular season at 90-85-1 and then obviously 0-5 in the playoffs. So as I said he is exactly what his record is an average head coach. However average head coaches should have been fired before they even get to 11 years I admit. Still doesn't mean he is the worst in the league. Actually he is not 5 games above .500 Actually because of his awful post season games he is 90-90-1 Do me a favor and just look at some of the coaches who have been fired during Marvins tenure and you will see an amazing thing, many of them were fired with winning records and even playoff wins and even SB HC's So yes Marvin is the worst.
January 16, 201412 yr Actually he is not 5 games above .500 Actually because of his awful post season games he is 90-90-1 Do me a favor and just look at some of the coaches who have been fired during Marvins tenure and you will see an amazing thing, many of them were fired with winning records and even playoff wins and even SB HC's So yes Marvin is the worst. Actually why don't you look at my post, because I stated even stated the 90-85-1 was his regular season record, and then 0-5 in the post season. I didn't think I would need to show it put together since it was simple math to realize 5 more losses would make it exactly 500. I made it pretty clear becaue I even stated it was regular season for the record I gave. No he really isn't, he is an average coach. Once again it is not his fault that he has not been fired like he should have. I am not disagreeing that he should have been fired. However just because he hasn't been fired doesn't mean he is the worst. There have been plenty of coaches and probably plenty of coaches right now who if you keep them for 11 years no matter how they do that would end up with a worst record than 500 overall. So yep not the worst.
January 16, 201412 yr Actually why don't you look at my post, because I stated even stated the 90-85-1 was his regular season record, and then 0-5 in the post season. I didn't think I would need to show it put together since it was simple math to realize 5 more losses would make it exactly 500. I made it pretty clear becaue I even stated it was regular season for the record I gave. No he really isn't, he is an average coach. Once again it is not his fault that he has not been fired like he should have. I am not disagreeing that he should have been fired. However just because he hasn't been fired doesn't mean he is the worst. There have been plenty of coaches and probably plenty of coaches right now who if you keep them for 11 years no matter how they do that would end up with a worst record than 500 overall. So yep not the worst. I read your post. I unlike you, don't use qualifiers or try and spin things. I simply use the facts. Marvin Lewis as a Head Coach does not have a winning record period. I don't need to say that only games played at night or on Thursdays etc. I'm talking about every game that is counted on a coaches record period. Again, show me any current head coach with as many losses as Marvin or any current coach that is 0-5 in the playoffs You do that and I may change my stance, but you can't so I will stick with the facts to back my opinion and you just continue to go with....well nothing to back your stance.
January 16, 201412 yr I read your post. I unlike you, don't use qualifiers or try and spin things. I simply use the facts. Marvin Lewis as a Head Coach does not have a winning record period. I don't need to say that only games played at night or on Thursdays etc. I'm talking about every game that is counted on a coaches record period. Again, show me any current head coach with as many losses as Marvin or any current coach that is 0-5 in the playoffs You do that and I may change my stance, but you can't so I will stick with the facts to back my opinion and you just continue to go with....well nothing to back your stance. How about this. How many coaches have been head coach for 11 years. I will say he is worst of that group. Doesn't make him worst current coach.
January 16, 201412 yr I read your post. I unlike you, don't use qualifiers or try and spin things. I simply use the facts. Marvin Lewis as a Head Coach does not have a winning record period. I don't need to say that only games played at night or on Thursdays etc. I'm talking about every game that is counted on a coaches record period. Again, show me any current head coach with as many losses as Marvin or any current coach that is 0-5 in the playoffs You do that and I may change my stance, but you can't so I will stick with the facts to back my opinion and you just continue to go with....well nothing to back your stance. I didn't try to spin things, if I would have tried to spin things I would have left out the 0 and 5 post sesaon record and would have tried to say his overall record is 90-85-1 and not mention that it was just the regular season record. However I clearly stated exactly what I was talking about, so nice try. Which by the way your facts to backup your case shows more that he should have been fired rather than worst coach in the league haha.
January 16, 201412 yr How about this. How many coaches have been head coach for 11 years. I will say he is worst of that group. Doesn't make him worst current coach. If Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL then even an average coach would be on a 36 game winning streak with this crew I suppose.
January 16, 201412 yr How about this. How many coaches have been head coach for 11 years. I will say he is worst of that group. Doesn't make him worst current coach. Sure it does because the majority of the other coaches have won In the post season long before their 12th year being a HC, and I'm being generous because odds are Marvin won't even win one in his 12th.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.